Dow AgroSciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow AgroSciences Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences.

Interview

On campus interview, Indianapolis interview within 2 weeks. Responded back within 2 weeks with no offer. Indianapolis interview was very relaxed but they were looking for key words and specific examples. There were many uncertainties because of the "merger". Job security was not guaranteed. Questions about the merger were not answered directly. There was a lot of speculations. Relocation is a must, so if you are not willing to move to anywhere in the US don't bother applying.

Senior Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The interview is really a series of interviews with people in the department you will work in. The interview was an all day interview, each interview was 30min-60min long depending on the interviewer. Lunch was provided and the lunch was really an opportunity for others in the department not interviewing to ask questions so be prepared to stay sharp during lunch.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were situational questions designed to tease out how you respond in the workplace to different situations.   Answer Question

LIMS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences in December 2016.

Interview

It was only a phone interview, first with HR then with LIMS team of 4 people. Based on the phone conversation the follow up was to be an on-site interview.

R & D Intern Interview

Interview

People there are very nice. It is a really good experience for me to have an internship there. Also, interns can learn a lot. I highly recommend Dow AgroSciences and it could be one of my best choices to work there.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences.

Interview

A whole day interview, with individuals as well as with group of people. gave presentation, went lunch with group of interviewers. They also showed me the campus and lab. it was a very long process.

Contract Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

I was picked up in the lobby and taken on a tour. I then sat down with two biologists and a lab tech. They asked questions & we had good discussion. Then, I met with their boss for a one on one. She had similar questions but was most curious about my passions. The whole process was about 2 hours.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview with manager the next week. The conversation was short and only asked about my technical experience. The overall experience wasn't as in depth as I have hoped/ prepared.

R &Amp; D Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences in December 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, said it would last 30 minutes, barely lasted ten. Were interested in data analysis and bioassay work, asked me my experience with both then basically told me that because I didn't take a statistics course then obviously I don't know how to do data analysis. They did not care about my willingness to relocate to Indiana or my work ethic but just about those two things. You should expect a behavioral interview where they ask questions and see how you respond, for my position they did not.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with data analysis or bioassay work?   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

I met the recruiters at an on-campus event, and they were great and super friendly. We met the next day for an initial interview. Basic background and behavioral questions. Why do you want to work for the company etc. I flew to head quarters for the final round of interviews, with a dinner with other candidates the night before. The interviews were a day-long process, and you interview with multiple people with very different styles and expertise within the company. The second round is much more intense and you will be asked if you'd be willing to relocate many times.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you over the other candidates applying for this position?   Answer Question

Operations Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences.

Interview

Quick and painless. The plant coordinator, who does the hiring typically, is a little awkward to talk to at first but once you can become comfrotable with him and talk business you will realize how effect he is and can be at hjis job as well as how big of a help he can be to you in succeeding with the conmpany. The basic questions. I think he already decided I had the job which sped it up even faster.