Dow AgroSciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Dow AgroSciences Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences.

Interview

During the interview, we mainly went through my resume and talked about the course projects I did. The whole process lasted for 1 hour and the interviewer was very nice. It was a good experience and everything went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What kind of methods do you use to evaluate the model performance?   Answer Question

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences.

Interview

very chill, not intimidating at all. Exhausting though as about 8 interviews, facing about 16 -20 people
    mostly behavioral question
    nobody was mean
    very considerate and respectful of your nervousness or not knowing few things

Interview Questions

• Why you decided to work on this particular area of research for PhD
      how would you resolve a conflict with a colleague
      what part you enjoyed the most in your research and why
      What interest you at dow?   Answer Question

Senior Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

(Since I have been with the company so long, I usually am the interviewee. My comment is regarding the interview process.) Most candidates are brought in for a group interview, but these interviews are broken up into several different interviews. The interview groups can be varied depending on the candidate and the position they are applying for. But the groups include interviewing with people they will work with on a daily basis, then project managers, and then supervisor(s) but not necessarily in that order. Masters and PhD candidates usually have to do a presentation, followed by a round table where scientists can ask further questions about what they presented and their qualifications. Usually these candidates get to go out to lunch with interview team.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel that you are qualified for this position? Provide examples where you have done related work?   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences.

Interview

On campus interview, Indianapolis interview within 2 weeks. Responded back within 2 weeks with no offer. Indianapolis interview was very relaxed but they were looking for key words and specific examples. There were many uncertainties because of the "merger". Job security was not guaranteed. Questions about the merger were not answered directly. There was a lot of speculations. Relocation is a must, so if you are not willing to move to anywhere in the US don't bother applying.

Senior Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The interview is really a series of interviews with people in the department you will work in. The interview was an all day interview, each interview was 30min-60min long depending on the interviewer. Lunch was provided and the lunch was really an opportunity for others in the department not interviewing to ask questions so be prepared to stay sharp during lunch.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were situational questions designed to tease out how you respond in the workplace to different situations.   Answer Question

LIMS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences in December 2016.

Interview

It was only a phone interview, first with HR then with LIMS team of 4 people. Based on the phone conversation the follow up was to be an on-site interview.

R & D Intern Interview

Interview

People there are very nice. It is a really good experience for me to have an internship there. Also, interns can learn a lot. I highly recommend Dow AgroSciences and it could be one of my best choices to work there.

Analytical Regulatory Sciences New Campus Hire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Standard campus hire procedure - A pity not to get it
    Both technical and behavior questions were asked during the interview. They looked into your resume and experiences carefully and professionally.
    I was offered an onsite interview after the first round resume screening and campus interview. I was asked to give a 30-min oral presentation about my PhD work, and had about 8 rounds of 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 interview with multiple group representatives. I was shown and introduced around the lab by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• I did well on all technical questions, but somewhat stumbled when I was asked 'why choose Dow Agro', and 'what attracts you most in Dow'   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences.

Interview

A whole day interview, with individuals as well as with group of people. gave presentation, went lunch with group of interviewers. They also showed me the campus and lab. it was a very long process.

Contract Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

I was picked up in the lobby and taken on a tour. I then sat down with two biologists and a lab tech. They asked questions & we had good discussion. Then, I met with their boss for a one on one. She had similar questions but was most curious about my passions. The whole process was about 2 hours.