Dow AgroSciences Biologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow AgroSciences Biologist Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The interview is really a series of interviews with people in the department you will work in. The interview was an all day interview, each interview was 30min-60min long depending on the interviewer. Lunch was provided and the lunch was really an opportunity for others in the department not interviewing to ask questions so be prepared to stay sharp during lunch.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were situational questions designed to tease out how you respond in the workplace to different situations.   Answer Question

Computational Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences.

Interview

The phone interview was tough. There are four people in data analysis group asked different questions regarding computer science and biology. After phone interview, they offered me an on-site interview. No much tough questions at on-site interview. But I was failed to receive a rejection email from HR within a week.

Interview Questions

• Some background in computer science, such as Hash table   Answer Question

Molecular Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

I interviewed for a molecular biologist contracting position at Dow AgroSciences. I had a phone chat with them earlier. They asked me questions like, how will you handle conflicts? What will you do if you have multiple tasks. Some technical questions are about my master research and molecular markers

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts?   1 Answer

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2012.

Interview

A phone interview was set up with hiring manager and a scientist two months after applying for the job. In-person interview was a couple of weeks latter. My interview was with HR agent and 24 scientists in addition to a 45-min presentation. The questions were good, relevant, and legitimate. They looked like a very professional group. All looked positive and I was told that they will make a hiring decision in 2 weeks. However, I have not heard back from them yet (more than a month after interview). I contacted HR times and I have been told that hiring decision is not made yet. Someone told me it took her 2.5 months to get an offer after interview. Not sure but I think a hiring freeze is imposed on the position.
    Any idea on why it takes so long to hear back from them???

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

Met with several groups throughout the day. Interviewers were grouped by functions and some as customers. Most of the interviews were about 30 minutes long with 5-10 minute breaks in between. Ate lunch with prospective core team members and normal conversations with them. No real interview questions involved during lunch. Questions were more life related conversations. At end of interview process, I was told that if they feel I fit for the position, they would contact me.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to our group with the skills you have?   1 Answer

Biologist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2011.

Interview

This company uses behavioral interviewing, which in practical terms means that they'll ask questions about a candidate's competencies, skills, soft-skills, leadership, etc. In each instance, the most competitive candidate will respond with a specific example WITH DETAILS of their own experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked on a project that failed. What made it fail and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was my first full-time job out of college. I didn't negotiate, but simply accepted the offer they gave.

Senior Biologist, R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoolehua, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences (Hoolehua, HI) in August 2011.

Interview

I Applied online, then I got a phone call a few weeks later. AFter the phone screen, they organized for me to come on site for an interview and to visit the facilities. The interview was very easy, they were mostly concerned about how I would fit in the team.

Interview Questions

• Their biggest concern was if I would want to stay there for long term or not. Employee retention is a major problem for them   Answer Question

Senior Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences.

Interview

Had a total of 3 interviews, one with who would be my boss and workmates, my boss supervisor, and the person that had my boss job before. Mostly behavioral questions were asked and in-depth knowledge questions were few.

Negotiation

No negotiation was necesary the salary offer was fair.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences in June 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR personal to fix up an Interview date on applying through Corporate site. I received call for the interview on the Time scheduled by HR. Instead of having behavioral interview I was interviewed by three Team Leads of three different projects. The interview was Fully technical but not very Tough. Question asked were mainly about the Instrumentation experience required by the position such as PCR experience. When & how long you had been using PCR? What are the different types of PCR and name them?

Interview Questions

• What are the different types of PCR? Name them?   1 Answer
    • How long you have used PCR and where?   1 Answer

Molecular Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow AgroSciences in June 2009.

Interview

The interview was good and the questions were the same for different groups.