Dow Chemical Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Chemical Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied and within 2 days was asked to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted 20-30 minutes and the interviewer was very nice and for the most part very helpful. The interviewer couldn't answer a few questions only because they didn't know the answer to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you exceeded your employers expectations? What was it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question
    • This is a union job and the pay is non negotiable are you ok with that?   Answer Question
    • If given the option what would your salary be? (hourly wage)   Answer Question

Lean Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

the interview was about 30 minutes long, it is kinda tricky. there are a group of 3 engineers that asked me questions. They are nice but the interview was hard.

Interview Questions

• what you would do if your boss gave you less information on the task you are working on   1 Answer

Research Scientist - Materials Science Core R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I was initially interviewed by two employees at the same time on campus. It went well and I was invited to interview with the Materials Science Core R&D group in Freeport, TX. Upon arriving in Freeport, I checked into my hotel (a few minutes away from the building that I interviewed in) and was taken to dinner by one of the group member. I had a full schedule for the day of the interview (7 am to 3:30 pm), including breakfast and lunch with a host who is a part of the group. I gave a ~45 min presentation with 15 min of Q&A to the group on-site, while others listened in via phone and internet. Afterwards, I had 5 back-to-back interviews (~45 min) with members (1:1) of the group and discussed various aspects of the job. Every group member was kind, enthusiastic, and curious about my work, background, etc. and had good things to say about working for Dow. After the interviews concluded, I was told that I would hear back soon and was driven back to my hotel. I received an email from their HR department informing me that I did not receive an offer of employment. Overall, it was a very enjoyable and beneficial experience for me.

Interview Questions

• We offer two tracks for Core R&D: Manager and Fellow. Which do you see yourself choosing? What leadership experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had trouble working with a colleague. What happened? Have you ever collaborated on a project? Only in your immediate research group, university, country?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever missed a deadline? If so, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with securing funding, marketing new ideas, and dealing with failure? What's the most creative contribution that you've made on a research project?   Answer Question
    • If you started a research lab right now, what areas of research would you pursue? Long term and short term research goals?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

This is a on-campus interview. The interview lasts around 45 minutes. The interviewer is an associate director from R&D department. The whole process is really nice. It starts talking about my program and research and follows by several common behavioral questions, such as teamwork, leadership and conflict situation. Have not been noticed about the result.

Interview Questions

• How did you start your research?
      What is your most innovative part in your research?   Answer Question

Phd Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through the university career center website and got a on campus interview with two recruiters. They are very nice and didn't make me nervous at all. They asked me introduce my research projects and then some behavior questions like leadership and collaborations. After 6 weeks, I got a on site interview invitation.

Interview Questions

• Tell some leadership experience.
      How to start your research.   Answer Question

Maintenance Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a response from a recruiter in about 2 weeks. Asked me some basic questions with email like what is my achievements etc.Then I interview with the 5 engineer. Interview went well . Asked a lot of questions about why Dow, standard interview questions, and technical questions and STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your achievements, How you handle the bad situations, describe a difficult task you were faced   Answer Question

Pilot Plant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was bad. I was contacted for a phone interview. I didn't hear anything for at least two weeks. Then I was contacted for an in person interview and tour of the facility. Interview went really good or so I thought. Was told that it would be at least 4 weeks for the background check and other pre hiring checks if I was selected. Two weeks go by and no phone call or email. I call the HR rep at the plant and get her voicemail. I leave a message. Two more weeks go by with no return phone call or email. I call again and get the same voicemail. I leave a message and still no return phone call. It's been almost three months with no phone call. I gave up two months ago on getting a phone call. Very poor communication from the company. I would at least expect a phone call or email saying I wasn't selected.

2016 Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was behavioral based and lasted approximately 45 mins. The interviewer was nice and he introduced himself and the whole process at first. At last, it was kind of him to ask if there is anything that I would like to add to impress him. It was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagree with your advisor and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • How do you think of the recent oil price drop and how do you think it is relevant to a chemical company like Dow?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Dow?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think that we should hire you?   Answer Question

Quality Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I was shown the lab for about 40 minutes. I then was interviewed by 3 people. The questions were about 10 pages long. Then they gave me a surprising chemistry quiz. No formulas or anything no warning.

Interview Questions

• Where did you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process is long and uncalled for. I have been interviewing now since the last few months via skype and phone. But up until now, I have not been made an offer. Who knows what the issue is!