Dow Chemical Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.9

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Lake Jackson, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Over all great experience. The interviewers seems very nice and down to earth. There were no coding or white boarding questions. Talked about my experience, asked some interview questions that is more like "what you would do in this specific situation".

Interview Questions

• What was something unethical that you encountered and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online at college and was invited for a campus interview. All questions were behavioral and situational based questions. Not very hard but very typical group/school based questions. Conventional interview and was around 40-50 minutes. You should bring extra questions to keep them preoccupied.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where one fo your teammates did not do any of the work. How did you react and how did you resolve this issue.   Answer Question

Research Scientist - Materials Science Core R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I was initially interviewed by two employees at the same time on campus. It went well and I was invited to interview with the Materials Science Core R&D group in Freeport, TX. Upon arriving in Freeport, I checked into my hotel (a few minutes away from the building that I interviewed in) and was taken to dinner by one of the group member. I had a full schedule for the day of the interview (7 am to 3:30 pm), including breakfast and lunch with a host who is a part of the group. I gave a ~45 min presentation with 15 min of Q&A to the group on-site, while others listened in via phone and internet. Afterwards, I had 5 back-to-back interviews (~45 min) with members (1:1) of the group and discussed various aspects of the job. Every group member was kind, enthusiastic, and curious about my work, background, etc. and had good things to say about working for Dow. After the interviews concluded, I was told that I would hear back soon and was driven back to my hotel. I received an email from their HR department informing me that I did not receive an offer of employment. Overall, it was a very enjoyable and beneficial experience for me.

Interview Questions

• We offer two tracks for Core R&D: Manager and Fellow. Which do you see yourself choosing? What leadership experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had trouble working with a colleague. What happened? Have you ever collaborated on a project? Only in your immediate research group, university, country?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever missed a deadline? If so, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with securing funding, marketing new ideas, and dealing with failure? What's the most creative contribution that you've made on a research project?   Answer Question
    • If you started a research lab right now, what areas of research would you pursue? Long term and short term research goals?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

This is a on-campus interview. The interview lasts around 45 minutes. The interviewer is an associate director from R&D department. The whole process is really nice. It starts talking about my program and research and follows by several common behavioral questions, such as teamwork, leadership and conflict situation. Have not been noticed about the result.

Interview Questions

• How did you start your research?
      What is your most innovative part in your research?
      Answer Question

Phd Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through the university career center website and got a on campus interview with two recruiters. They are very nice and didn't make me nervous at all. They asked me introduce my research projects and then some behavior questions like leadership and collaborations. After 6 weeks, I got a on site interview invitation.

Interview Questions

• Tell some leadership experience.
      How to start your research.
      Answer Question

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with the Delivery Leader 2 permit writers, and a Business Environmental Technical Manager (Super Environmental Specialist). The Panel Interview lasted an hour. I went into the human resources office. When I got there the above people were there. Dow interviewed me using the standard interview questions. If you know someone who works there ask them to help with the interview. As I have stated the questions are standard.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a recent time when you implemented a solution to a problem without thinking about the impact on others.   Answer Question

Maintenance Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a response from a recruiter in about 2 weeks. Asked me some basic questions with email like what is my achievements etc.Then I interview with the 5 engineer. Interview went well . Asked a lot of questions about why Dow, standard interview questions, and technical questions and STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your achievements, How you handle the bad situations, describe a difficult task you were faced   Answer Question

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

campus recruiting, 2nd onsite interview with future group members and manager, also talk about research with research fellows in the company. The campus interview at the University is quite standard, mainly focused on behavior questions, like what is the biggest challenging during your PhD, how do you get along with your advisors, group peers and other collaborators, what do you think is the biggest achievement for yourself during the past four years, etc. The onsite interview is more or less similar with respect to the behavior questions, but from the technical point of view, more questions come from the seminar given at the beginning of the day. The presentation was asked to be around 45 min long and many interviewers may on the phone, so it's important to make sure the audience is following during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest challenging you encountered during the past years?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through university and got contacted through the system for an interview. Interview was pleasant and went very smoothly. Great interviewer who made an effort to make me feel comfortable. Met a recruiter at a career fair and made great connections there that helped me secure the interview in the first place. The process was very simple and very smooth.

Pilot Plant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was bad. I was contacted for a phone interview. I didn't hear anything for at least two weeks. Then I was contacted for an in person interview and tour of the facility. Interview went really good or so I thought. Was told that it would be at least 4 weeks for the background check and other pre hiring checks if I was selected. Two weeks go by and no phone call or email. I call the HR rep at the plant and get her voicemail. I leave a message. Two more weeks go by with no return phone call or email. I call again and get the same voicemail. I leave a message and still no return phone call. It's been almost three months with no phone call. I gave up two months ago on getting a phone call. Very poor communication from the company. I would at least expect a phone call or email saying I wasn't selected.