Dow Chemical Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Chemical Intern Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2016

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a career fair and we didn't really seem to hit it off real well, walked away thinking I wouldn't be hearing from them again. The next week I get a call from a recruiter asking to schedule an interview the following week. I accepted to interview.

The two people I interviewed with were very friendly and in the field I would've been working in. They asked about five questions and none of the questions were extremely technical, but they did like it when you were able to reference different kinds of methodologies you know or skills that you have.

I walked out of the interview feeling good, and I received a call the next morning with an informal offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you received negative feedback, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Easy interview, basic questions about experience and what you would do in specific situations. The interview was all behavioral and they left a lot of time for questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a conflict in your internship experience and how you handled that conflict?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my college career fair. I was offered an interview the next day. The interview was a basic HR interview. No questions were a surprise to me. Overall, the process was pretty pleasant.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very hard. Just basic HR questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Champaign, IL).

Interview

Casual face to face interview with the manager at their innovation center in Champaign. Manager is very nice and open to talk to. Questions nearly all about resume, experience, and about the internship position. Straightforward interview and got response back within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• What is the extent of your knowledge with [programming language]?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online as well as had a contact within the organization

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you knew you were going to miss a deadline.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

Interview

Most of the questions were behavioral based. The interview was about an hour. They definitely look for the STAR method when answering questions. There were some experienced based questions even though I had no formal experience. The interviewer was very pleasant and not intimidating. It was overall a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• There were quite a few similar questions regarding working with others so be sure to have a few examples for teamwork.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Lubbock, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

college job fair

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

met them at the career fair and applied. they called me, and asked basic questions about myself; nothing too out of the ordinary. Then they called me for an interview at the site, and it was all behavioral questions. They're extremely nice and want to help you succeed in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

I participated in a structured interview with 4 different individuals. Very basic behaviorally-based type questions geared around competencies. There was an online assessment in addition to the Taleo-based application. It was set up very professionally and the interviewers were very well-prepared and seemed like they had received training on conducting interviews. I was very satisfied with the entire process.

Interview Questions

• I don't feel comfortable sharing this.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation