Dow Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Starkville, MS) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. My interviewer tried his best to make me feel comfortable. The interview seemed to go very well as I did not struggle to answer any questions, but I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you encountered any unethical scenario, and what did you do about it ?   Answer Question
    • What creative things have you done in one of your technical jobs?   Answer Question

Commercial Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via my campus job search website, and was requested to select an interview time.

I met on campus via the Career Center with a very nice, but formal, guy. He started off by asking me to tell him about myself. He then started a formal behaviorally anchored interview process. He asked me a series of around 10 questions. He had a sheet per question (I am assuming with information that gives him a good idea of what a good response is for the question). He also had a sheet with a table for him to put input about my responses for each question.

The questions went along the lines of, "Tell me about a time when you were working with a team and..." They were mostly about my difference experiences with teams. He also asked why I wanted to work with DOW Chemical.

He finished the interview by asking if I had any questions, and then we separated ways.

He was very nice. Just be prepared to talk a LOT about your experience with teams with several examples.

It has been a couple weeks and I have still not heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for DOW Chemical?   1 Answer

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I talked to a representative at a career fair. A week later, they emailed me to do an interview on my college campus. It was both technical and behavioral, and they said it would be the only round. I thought the interview went well. I didn't get an offer but they seemed to like me in the final rejection email.

Interview Questions

• How do you align with DOW's four core principles? (note: I forgot the exact principles)   Answer Question

Research Scientist - Materials Science Core R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I was initially interviewed by two employees at the same time on campus. It went well and I was invited to interview with the Materials Science Core R&D group in Freeport, TX. Upon arriving in Freeport, I checked into my hotel (a few minutes away from the building that I interviewed in) and was taken to dinner by one of the group member. I had a full schedule for the day of the interview (7 am to 3:30 pm), including breakfast and lunch with a host who is a part of the group. I gave a ~45 min presentation with 15 min of Q&A to the group on-site, while others listened in via phone and internet. Afterwards, I had 5 back-to-back interviews (~45 min) with members (1:1) of the group and discussed various aspects of the job. Every group member was kind, enthusiastic, and curious about my work, background, etc. and had good things to say about working for Dow. After the interviews concluded, I was told that I would hear back soon and was driven back to my hotel. I received an email from their HR department informing me that I did not receive an offer of employment. Overall, it was a very enjoyable and beneficial experience for me.

Interview Questions

• We offer two tracks for Core R&D: Manager and Fellow. Which do you see yourself choosing? What leadership experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had trouble working with a colleague. What happened? Have you ever collaborated on a project? Only in your immediate research group, university, country?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever missed a deadline? If so, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with securing funding, marketing new ideas, and dealing with failure? What's the most creative contribution that you've made on a research project?   Answer Question
    • If you started a research lab right now, what areas of research would you pursue? Long term and short term research goals?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Got an on campus interview after applying through university. The process took approximately 2 weeks. Got asked basic behavioral questions. The interviewer was typing the whole time when I was speaking. The lack of interaction made it hard to answer the questions. Some questions were repetitive.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed through a campus recruiting event. About a 45 minute one on one interview with recruiter. First gave a brief presentation of my research then discussed it. There wasn't enough time to go into details of research. Mostly standard behavioral questions after that- your working style, approaches to challenges, etc.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I had a group interview with two managers. The majority of the interview included behavioral based questions. The interviewers were pleasant and personable. The interview went well. It seemed they worked in a fast paced environment and had a good sized team (>20). The questions were related to your ability to handle pressure, customer service skills, and interpersonal skills in the office.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questions related to customer service and the ability to handle pressure.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

This is a on-campus interview. The interview lasts around 45 minutes. The interviewer is an associate director from R&D department. The whole process is really nice. It starts talking about my program and research and follows by several common behavioral questions, such as teamwork, leadership and conflict situation. Have not been noticed about the result.

Interview Questions

• How did you start your research?
      What is your most innovative part in your research?
      Answer Question

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Behavior questions mainly. The recruiter is a R&D director in one branch, and he type in all the info I talked, a little slow though. He started with a question of briefly introduce your own research in 8min. And followed by a series of behavior question. At the end, he end up with introducing how did this recruit process, how long will be the first round interview result come out.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time that you lead a team; have you ever face a difficulty and how did you overcome and resolve it   Answer Question

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Campus recruiting, everyone applied got the interview. Interviewer was very nice. The interview process was standard, all behavior questions and research questions, lasting about 45 min. Not intense, relaxing environment.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge? How did you handle it?
      Talk about your leadership experience.
      Why you chose chemistry?