Dow Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.9

Interview

2 rounds interview, one with the manager and the nest round with more senior people in the organization. General assessment of motivation and why this company or this location. Some of the questions included testing my collaborative skills and ability to work under time pressure

Interview Questions

• questions on past experience and shy this company   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

On campus recruiting: first had on-campus interview, then invited for on-site interview. Highly technical questions relevant to my graduate work with just a few more behavioral style questions. Overall the interviewers were very nice and curious

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: if you could start a lab, what would you work on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

one time interview meeting held by the HR of Dow chemical. and there are plant manager and department manager show up and asked question. Interview environment is very friendly, there are no deep case study need to be prepared.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Starkville, MS) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. My interviewer tried his best to make me feel comfortable. The interview seemed to go very well as I did not struggle to answer any questions, but I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you encountered any unethical scenario, and what did you do about it ?   Answer Question
    • What creative things have you done in one of your technical jobs?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I submitted my resume through college career site and was contacted to set up an interview. They were behavioral questions and it was with two extremely nice employees. They represented their company very well and really made me want to work for them. I was called within five days of doing the interview to get an offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a career fair and we didn't really seem to hit it off real well, walked away thinking I wouldn't be hearing from them again. The next week I get a call from a recruiter asking to schedule an interview the following week. I accepted to interview.

The two people I interviewed with were very friendly and in the field I would've been working in. They asked about five questions and none of the questions were extremely technical, but they did like it when you were able to reference different kinds of methodologies you know or skills that you have.

I walked out of the interview feeling good, and I received a call the next morning with an informal offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received negative feedback, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online at college and was invited for a campus interview. All questions were behavioral and situational based questions. Not very hard but very typical group/school based questions. Conventional interview and was around 40-50 minutes. You should bring extra questions to keep them preoccupied.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where one fo your teammates did not do any of the work. How did you react and how did you resolve this issue.   Answer Question

Commercial Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via my campus job search website, and was requested to select an interview time.

I met on campus via the Career Center with a very nice, but formal, guy. He started off by asking me to tell him about myself. He then started a formal behaviorally anchored interview process. He asked me a series of around 10 questions. He had a sheet per question (I am assuming with information that gives him a good idea of what a good response is for the question). He also had a sheet with a table for him to put input about my responses for each question.

The questions went along the lines of, "Tell me about a time when you were working with a team and..." They were mostly about my difference experiences with teams. He also asked why I wanted to work with DOW Chemical.

He finished the interview by asking if I had any questions, and then we separated ways.

He was very nice. Just be prepared to talk a LOT about your experience with teams with several examples.

It has been a couple weeks and I have still not heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for DOW Chemical?   1 Answer

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I talked to a representative at a career fair. A week later, they emailed me to do an interview on my college campus. It was both technical and behavioral, and they said it would be the only round. I thought the interview went well. I didn't get an offer but they seemed to like me in the final rejection email.

Interview Questions

• How do you align with DOW's four core principles? (note: I forgot the exact principles)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2016.

Interview

After applying through my school's career platform, I had an interview with an engineer. Most of the questions were based off of the STAR format, so just prepare for those and you should be fine. The interviewer was very nice and accommodating. However, the entire process took almost 2 months for some reason, so don't be discouraged if you don't hear back at first.