Dow Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.9

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this position and received an email about a month later. We scheduled an interview which had pretty basic questions and lasted about an hour. After this I got an email a week later which said I was accepted into the program.

Interview Questions

Interview

They primarily asked behavioral questions. They asked about what your greatest strengths/weaknesses are. Name a time you had a difficult time working with someone and how you overcame that? Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years.

Drafter/Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Quite specific in job opportunity applied for. Went in detail what job criteria I would be performing and duties as a drafter on project for length of project

Interview Questions

• How long have I been working as a piper and in what software did I work with   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in April 2015.

Interview

- Hypocracy
    - They ask way too personal questions even for a small company standards even though they keep telling you how big, professional they are.
    - No feedback at all, I mean at all.
    - Felt like they are governed by its own employees. Which means; you will not be welcomed if you are too good for them. No competition is allowed. They are who they are and they will stay there forever.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Querétaro, Querétaro (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Querétaro, Querétaro (Mexico)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was long, it lasted for over 6 weeks and they are very patient when you answer their questions, they really want you to succeed in the interview. They ask very simple questions about you and your personality / traits.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terneuzen (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Terneuzen (Netherlands)) in September 2013.

Interview

One telephone interview, then one full day assessment centre with about 10 more people applying for different positions around Europe, and then a final interview. The first part of the assessment centre was a group exercise, where they gave us a project and a panel was assessing us, then there was a networking lunch, personal interview including both technical and personal questions, and finally a plant tour guided by a junior engineer. After this, there was a second round on site with a motivational interview and a plant visit, with time to discuss about the job with current employees.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on pumps, and general questions such as your greatest strengths, weaknesses, tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your boss, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Microbiologist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I sat with 3 employees from Dow and they asked questions for 20-30 minutes. They were very responsive and went in-depth when I asked questions of the company and their work.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research, how much of it have you contributed, and what are some innovative aspects of your research.   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with the issue you had with your former boss?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Dow?   Answer Question

PLC/MOD Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Very long. All of 4 hours. Comfortable; casual, yet very serious. Most of the conversation focused on detailed discussions of my career expectations and professional outlook. Extremely nice guys. Great atmosphere. Altogether it was a unique, one-of-a-kind experience. Still the longest interview I've ever had.

Chemical Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied and within 2 days was asked to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted 20-30 minutes and the interviewer was very nice and for the most part very helpful. The interviewer couldn't answer a few questions only because they didn't know the answer to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you exceeded your employers expectations? What was it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question
    • This is a union job and the pay is non negotiable are you ok with that?   Answer Question
    • If given the option what would your salary be? (hourly wage)   Answer Question

Business Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

You interview with a panel of people. Usually there are at least 4. They ask you questions already decided upon and you must answer quickly. It is a rapid fire type of interview.