Dow Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Lab Tect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hahnville, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Hahnville, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online Jan 1, 2017. Did a phone interview 3 weeks later, then I was offer to do a face face to interview, which consist of 5 people asking behavior and soft skill questions. It's been a month since the interview. I'm still waiting on a offer or a no.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when u turn something negative into something positive   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Lake Jackson, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Over all great experience. The interviewers seems very nice and down to earth. There were no coding or white boarding questions. Talked about my experience, asked some interview questions that is more like "what you would do in this specific situation".

Interview Questions

• What was something unethical that you encountered and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Interview

2 rounds interview, one with the manager and the nest round with more senior people in the organization. General assessment of motivation and why this company or this location. Some of the questions included testing my collaborative skills and ability to work under time pressure

Interview Questions

• questions on past experience and shy this company   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

On campus recruiting: first had on-campus interview, then invited for on-site interview. Highly technical questions relevant to my graduate work with just a few more behavioral style questions. Overall the interviewers were very nice and curious

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: if you could start a lab, what would you work on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

one time interview meeting held by the HR of Dow chemical. and there are plant manager and department manager show up and asked question. Interview environment is very friendly, there are no deep case study need to be prepared.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Starkville, MS) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. My interviewer tried his best to make me feel comfortable. The interview seemed to go very well as I did not struggle to answer any questions, but I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you encountered any unethical scenario, and what did you do about it ?   Answer Question
    • What creative things have you done in one of your technical jobs?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I submitted my resume through college career site and was contacted to set up an interview. They were behavioral questions and it was with two extremely nice employees. They represented their company very well and really made me want to work for them. I was called within five days of doing the interview to get an offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a career fair and we didn't really seem to hit it off real well, walked away thinking I wouldn't be hearing from them again. The next week I get a call from a recruiter asking to schedule an interview the following week. I accepted to interview.

The two people I interviewed with were very friendly and in the field I would've been working in. They asked about five questions and none of the questions were extremely technical, but they did like it when you were able to reference different kinds of methodologies you know or skills that you have.

I walked out of the interview feeling good, and I received a call the next morning with an informal offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received negative feedback, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online at college and was invited for a campus interview. All questions were behavioral and situational based questions. Not very hard but very typical group/school based questions. Conventional interview and was around 40-50 minutes. You should bring extra questions to keep them preoccupied.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where one fo your teammates did not do any of the work. How did you react and how did you resolve this issue.   Answer Question

Research Scientist - Materials Science Core R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I was initially interviewed by two employees at the same time on campus. It went well and I was invited to interview with the Materials Science Core R&D group in Freeport, TX. Upon arriving in Freeport, I checked into my hotel (a few minutes away from the building that I interviewed in) and was taken to dinner by one of the group member. I had a full schedule for the day of the interview (7 am to 3:30 pm), including breakfast and lunch with a host who is a part of the group. I gave a ~45 min presentation with 15 min of Q&A to the group on-site, while others listened in via phone and internet. Afterwards, I had 5 back-to-back interviews (~45 min) with members (1:1) of the group and discussed various aspects of the job. Every group member was kind, enthusiastic, and curious about my work, background, etc. and had good things to say about working for Dow. After the interviews concluded, I was told that I would hear back soon and was driven back to my hotel. I received an email from their HR department informing me that I did not receive an offer of employment. Overall, it was a very enjoyable and beneficial experience for me.

Interview Questions

• We offer two tracks for Core R&D: Manager and Fellow. Which do you see yourself choosing? What leadership experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had trouble working with a colleague. What happened? Have you ever collaborated on a project? Only in your immediate research group, university, country?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever missed a deadline? If so, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with securing funding, marketing new ideas, and dealing with failure? What's the most creative contribution that you've made on a research project?   Answer Question
    • If you started a research lab right now, what areas of research would you pursue? Long term and short term research goals?   Answer Question