Dow Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Applied online. Progressed to the next stage-gate. Phone interview with relevant employees (2-on-1). Progressed to the final stage-gate. In-person interview with hiring manager. Later notified of decision. Received and negotiated offer.

Interview Questions

• Initial phone interview was split between an assessment of work behavior and job-specific skills.

In-person interview was a final confirmation of work behavior and personality, (i.e., do you match what they want the customers to see and experience), and also ability to meet job-specific requirements.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was very tough. Initial phone negotiation lasted one hour. Departed overnight in stand-still to allow both parties to reflect. Finished negotiation successfully next morning with win-win outcome. Conceded location, but gained hard compensation. Commercial offers are thoroughly researched and are backed by data - the offer will not be excessively high or low. If you ask for something, there must be a valid business or data-backed personal case for the exception. Never concede without gaining something in-return.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I was interviewed at a engineering conference. The process was quick. I interviewed and within 48 hours I was made an offer. I was interviewed with a recruiter. It took about 30 minutes. The experience was good, all of the questions were behavior based.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation were a superior was being difficult?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Went to a career fair and talked to a representative that really liked my answer to her questions. She set me up with an interview that day. Interview had basic behavioral questions.

Senior Analytical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I applied online through the dow career website and received a call for an on-site interview approximately three weeks after the closing date. The group of people that interviewed me were very nice and made the interview enjoyable and fun. The interview was mainly behavioral type questions and they gave a lot of information about the position and also the company as well. Unfortunately they decided to pursue other candidates but it was a great experience overall. The interview process was organized and I was very well pleased.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you were not able to finish a project and what could you have done differently to keep this from happening again   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Bristol, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with work team only

It was a different experience.
    Online application early January which they responded to in Mid February and schedule on-site interview in March. No telephone screen.

I did not meet the hiring manager and I did not meet the HR representative, no phone conversation, no correspondence. Zilch.

Finally, two weeks after the interview I reached out to the internal recruiter who set up the interview to find out the status and she did not know the status.

Got a machine generated rejection email 4 weeks after the interview.

Maintenance Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a response from a recruiter in about 2 weeks. Asked me some basic questions with email like what is my achievements etc.Then I interview with the 5 engineer. Interview went well . Asked a lot of questions about why Dow, standard interview questions, and technical questions and STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your achievements, How you handle the bad situations, describe a difficult task you were faced   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Mount Pleasant, MI).

Interview

The interview process was your typical behavioral questions. Responses are to be given in the STAR format (situation, task, activities, results). It was pretty laid back besides answering the questions. My advice to anyone is to practice conducting interviews with behavioral questions utilizing the STAR format. If you do not practice, there is a good chance you will not do well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were given a difficult task to accomplish and how you accomplished that task.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Applied online, received an email, had a short phone interview, then an in-person interview. The questions were typical behavior based questions asked by 3 panelist. The whole process took about a month. Before the actually panel interview, there is a introduction with the HR manager. It seemed like the HR manager decided who to hire before the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• There were about 5 questions which were typical behavior based questions asked by 3 panelist.   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the next week, I was contacted to schedule an interview for the following week. The time between submitting my application and my phone interview was approximately 2 weeks.

Senior Analytical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2016.

Interview

I emailed a recruiter who pass my resume to the hiring manager. I got a call from HR to schedule an interview. It was a phone interview with three people. It was scheduled for an hour. The questions they asked were mostly "what would you do in this situation?" There were also a few question about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What appeals to you about this position?
      What did you not like about your last job?
      What do you consider to be your greatest success?
      Answer Question