Dow Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.9

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my schools job website. Stopped by the career fair and introduced my self and gave them a copy of my resume. Got an email saying that I was invited for an on campus interview. Went to the informational before to network. The interview was around 30 minutes.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Had an interview with a corporate employee at a career fair. Really enjoyed talking to her...didn't feel like an interview at all.

My second interview was at the plant. The weather was very rainy/gloomy so I got a plant tour in a car and met everyone at the plant I'd be working for. My interview team consisted of 3 employees - two leaders and a production engineer. Asked standard behavioral questions which lasted about 1-2 hours then they gave me an hour to ask questions. Company paid for my flight, hotel, rental car, and lunch. I really liked the people and what they had to say about the company. No technical questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Dow?
      Questions about teamwork, leadership and what you did when dealing with difficult teammates/when you were waiting on something from someone and they weren't finished yet.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and interviewed with a local Dow engineer. I was interviewed for an engineering role in TX but it was filled by someone more immediate. HR was really easy to work with and held onto my application. I was invited to interview for different production engineering positions at a hiring expo in LA. Travel/hotel/food all paid for. Overall, interview questions were mostly behavioral and not too difficult (i.e. tell me a time when...). They even ask you beforehand to present your answer in the STAR format. During the break between interviews, a few engineers asked some basic technical questions related to chemical engineering. I was asked to rank the roles I interviewed for, and in the end I received an offer for my top choice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when...
      -you made a mistake
      -you had to deal with an unruly coworker or teammate
      -led a project/team
      -etc.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a CSTR and a PFR?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was essentially non-negotiable as I was a recent graduate with little experience. I would expect experienced/external hires have more negotiating power. Also, they did not consider my year in lab research as applicable experience in M&E, so make sure you get as much intern/co-op experience in a plant or manufacturing setting if you are pursuing an M&E position to make your application stronger and increase your potential starting salary offer.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with the Delivery Leader 2 permit writers, and a Business Environmental Technical Manager (Super Environmental Specialist). The Panel Interview lasted an hour. I went into the human resources office. When I got there the above people were there. Dow interviewed me using the standard interview questions. If you know someone who works there ask them to help with the interview. As I have stated the questions are standard.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a recent time when you implemented a solution to a problem without thinking about the impact on others.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Applied online. Progressed to the next stage-gate. Phone interview with relevant employees (2-on-1). Progressed to the final stage-gate. In-person interview with hiring manager. Later notified of decision. Received and negotiated offer.

Interview Questions

• Initial phone interview was split between an assessment of work behavior and job-specific skills.

In-person interview was a final confirmation of work behavior and personality, (i.e., do you match what they want the customers to see and experience), and also ability to meet job-specific requirements.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was very tough. Initial phone negotiation lasted one hour. Departed overnight in stand-still to allow both parties to reflect. Finished negotiation successfully next morning with win-win outcome. Conceded location, but gained hard compensation. Commercial offers are thoroughly researched and are backed by data - the offer will not be excessively high or low. If you ask for something, there must be a valid business or data-backed personal case for the exception. Never concede without gaining something in-return.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I was interviewed at a engineering conference. The process was quick. I interviewed and within 48 hours I was made an offer. I was interviewed with a recruiter. It took about 30 minutes. The experience was good, all of the questions were behavior based.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation were a superior was being difficult?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Went to a career fair and talked to a representative that really liked my answer to her questions. She set me up with an interview that day. Interview had basic behavioral questions.

Senior Analytical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I applied online through the dow career website and received a call for an on-site interview approximately three weeks after the closing date. The group of people that interviewed me were very nice and made the interview enjoyable and fun. The interview was mainly behavioral type questions and they gave a lot of information about the position and also the company as well. Unfortunately they decided to pursue other candidates but it was a great experience overall. The interview process was organized and I was very well pleased.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you were not able to finish a project and what could you have done differently to keep this from happening again   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Bristol, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with work team only

It was a different experience.
    Online application early January which they responded to in Mid February and schedule on-site interview in March. No telephone screen.

I did not meet the hiring manager and I did not meet the HR representative, no phone conversation, no correspondence. Zilch.

Finally, two weeks after the interview I reached out to the internal recruiter who set up the interview to find out the status and she did not know the status.

Got a machine generated rejection email 4 weeks after the interview.

Maintenance Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a response from a recruiter in about 2 weeks. Asked me some basic questions with email like what is my achievements etc.Then I interview with the 5 engineer. Interview went well . Asked a lot of questions about why Dow, standard interview questions, and technical questions and STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your achievements, How you handle the bad situations, describe a difficult task you were faced   Answer Question