Dow Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.9

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I talked to local recruiters on campus and was invited to an on campus interview after applying. The interview was strictly behavior, pretty conventional as far as interviews go. There were no technically based questions, mainly just based on your past roles and some situation based questions. Make sure to bring a bunch of question since their script runs out of questions pretty fast. Ended up getting an offer but turning it down for another internship.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I talked to Dow at our career expo at my university and then applied online and through our engineering career services website. I was accepted for an on campus interview and will be notified if I move to the next round within a week.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you worked with a group and experienced conflict and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI).

Interview

Only had one interview. I was applying for multiple positions as an intern. I was interviewed by six people at the same time but it was very comfortable. At that time, I didn't have much interview experience so I was surprised at how much it felt just like a conservation. It was a standard interview that was pretty easy. I just showed interest and asked a good amount of questions.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2015.

Interview

Someone not much older than me was the interviewer, which made it comfortable. Also, all of the interviewers that did on-campus interviews were alumni of my school, so they understood our academic experiences.

Interview Questions

• Asked several situational questions.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through university and got contacted through the system for an interview. Interview was pleasant and went very smoothly. Great interviewer who made an effort to make me feel comfortable. Met a recruiter at a career fair and made great connections there that helped me secure the interview in the first place. The process was very simple and very smooth.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Marlborough, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

45 mins on campus interview. After 3 days, my advisor was requested for a recommendation form. Then another 2-3 weeks, I was informed about 2 onsite interviews. 4-5 weeks later, I visited those two sites. 1 hour presentation and Q&A. Then followed by 6-7 one on one interview. My presentation was very well received. One of the interviewers said it was a great talk. And one on one interviews also went very well. Some interviewers discussed technical questions based on my previous presentation. Some focused on my resume experience. Some followed the question list prepared before. Some preferred the casual chat. I very enjoyed the conversations during those two days. I thought I must nail both. However, it has been two weeks, and I have not received an offer or a rejection. My host told me if there was an offer, you would hear back from the company within two weeks. Beyond two weeks, just move on. So I guess I didn't get any offer then.

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

The first interview was fairly informal. Mostly asked about my doctoral research. There was one or two behavioral questions. I thought the interview went well and was quite comfortable with the interviewer. Got called for a second interview in Indianapolis and that one was much tougher with lots of organic chemistry questions about mechanisms that had nothing to do with my research and that I hadn't used since my undergrad days. I did not get the offer, but I actually don't mind. It was not the best fit for me after all, as I am more of a biomaterials scientist rather than a polymer chemist.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed in your research, what you learnt from the experience and how you moved forward afterwards.   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Application

Interview

The interviewer asked about my research experience in great technical details. We focused almost entirely on what I had done in graduate school, what problems I had, and what were my biggest achievement/impact etc. We talked very little about the company or what they were looking for. The purpose of the interview was to gather information about the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the call of duty to get something done.   Answer Question

Pilot Plant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was bad. I was contacted for a phone interview. I didn't hear anything for at least two weeks. Then I was contacted for an in person interview and tour of the facility. Interview went really good or so I thought. Was told that it would be at least 4 weeks for the background check and other pre hiring checks if I was selected. Two weeks go by and no phone call or email. I call the HR rep at the plant and get her voicemail. I leave a message. Two more weeks go by with no return phone call or email. I call again and get the same voicemail. I leave a message and still no return phone call. It's been almost three months with no phone call. I gave up two months ago on getting a phone call. Very poor communication from the company. I would at least expect a phone call or email saying I wasn't selected.

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

One hour long campus interview focused on research. The recruiter had prepared questions and was typing your answers for record. I was asked to submit everything I used in the interview via email. I think they are gonna review everything later.