Dow Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.9

Operator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2015.

Interview

First they give you a work sample portion of the interview, where you hook up a hose to a pipe then you will open and close a valve. Next you meet with a panel where they go over your qualifications and work behaviour.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview took a whole day. It began with a one hour seminar followed by many one to one interviews. The questions are common behavior questions plus technical questions related to the research presented in seminar. Had breakfast and lunch together with some employees. The overall experience was very good.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this position and received an email about a month later. We scheduled an interview which had pretty basic questions and lasted about an hour. After this I got an email a week later which said I was accepted into the program.

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

standard hiring process, first phone interview then onsite. Interviewers are very nice. the phone interview lasts about one hour. first twenty minutes are research related questions then all behavior questions, such as how did you make decisions, what is the biggest challenge, how to handle conflict, leadership and so on.

College Graduate Program PhD Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Basic behavior interview based on questions from a booklet. The entire interview lasted 45 minutes. The interviewer is very straightforward and will genuinely answer any question you have about the company.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you had a group conflict in a work environment.   Answer Question

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

campus recruiting, 2nd onsite interview with future group members and manager, also talk about research with research fellows in the company. The campus interview at the University is quite standard, mainly focused on behavior questions, like what is the biggest challenging during your PhD, how do you get along with your advisors, group peers and other collaborators, what do you think is the biggest achievement for yourself during the past four years, etc. The onsite interview is more or less similar with respect to the behavior questions, but from the technical point of view, more questions come from the seminar given at the beginning of the day. The presentation was asked to be around 45 min long and many interviewers may on the phone, so it's important to make sure the audience is following during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest challenging you encountered during the past years?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I talked to local recruiters on campus and was invited to an on campus interview after applying. The interview was strictly behavior, pretty conventional as far as interviews go. There were no technically based questions, mainly just based on your past roles and some situation based questions. Make sure to bring a bunch of question since their script runs out of questions pretty fast. Ended up getting an offer but turning it down for another internship.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I talked to Dow at our career expo at my university and then applied online and through our engineering career services website. I was accepted for an on campus interview and will be notified if I move to the next round within a week.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you worked with a group and experienced conflict and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI).

Interview

Only had one interview. I was applying for multiple positions as an intern. I was interviewed by six people at the same time but it was very comfortable. At that time, I didn't have much interview experience so I was surprised at how much it felt just like a conservation. It was a standard interview that was pretty easy. I just showed interest and asked a good amount of questions.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2015.

Interview

Someone not much older than me was the interviewer, which made it comfortable. Also, all of the interviewers that did on-campus interviews were alumni of my school, so they understood our academic experiences.

Interview Questions

• Asked several situational questions.   1 Answer