Dow Chemical Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Chemical Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I went to a campus fair and obtain the campus interview opportunity.
After this, I have to pass phone interview and on-site interview after four weeks.
The on-site interview is taken about 1 day with 5-6 persons.

Interview Questions

• Q: tell me about your research works   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview. Had to give a presentation about my dissertation research, followed by questions on my research and skills. It was about 1 hours. I also had to apply online with my CV and cover letter.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why this company?
      Q. Skills I have.
      Q. What new value will I add to the company.
      Q. DO I like community work.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Overall, it was a straightforward and pleasant process. Nothing unexpected, and the interviewers present were very open talking about their experiences at the company. The interview was a 2 on 1 interview. Just simple question and answer process. Not much real "conversation."

Was asked around 10 behavioral questions, and answered them very straightforwardly. Have STAR method answers prepared for the common answers and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you couldn't make a deadline, and what did you do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I filled out an online requisition / application on Dow's website. (I happen to like Dow's job board and application process, by the way; it is quite slick and works very well.) I had to take a technical aptitude test during the application process, which I enjoyed. A couple days later I received an email saying Dow wanted to set up a phone interview with me. I responded to the email and set up a time, which was about a week later. When the interviewer contacted me, she was very nice, but she wasn't the hiring manager, therefore the answers I gave her were being recorded both by phone and by her typing my answers. She had canned questions. She was feeling me out and testing, mainly, my soft skills. She asked about ten questions, of which about half could have been answered by looking at my resume. The interview took about 30 minutes. After it was after, she thanked me and told me I could check the status of my application online, and I could also call an 800 number and inquire, but only after a period of about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Canned questions regarding the time I "handled a challenging situation on the job", and "what one thing makes me stand out against my peers". None of the questions are necessarily difficult, but these are the kind of questions that are difficult to answer because it's hard to know *exactly* what any given employer is looking for.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

HR
    Process Engineers
    Hiring Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary None Negotiable

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in September 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with Dow after meeting them at my university's career fair. They were very nice and asked a number of standard behavioral interview questions...an experience with a difficult team member, a time you stepped up into a leadership role, etc. I heard back about 7 weeks later and was not offered an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you stood up for something you believed in?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

2 rounds of interview

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Interview

Applied online through the University of Alberta. There was two interviews, the first one was at the University and the second one was at the Dow Chemical facility in Fort Saskatchewan.

Both interviews consisted of Behavior Based Interview questions and there were different interviews for each round.

The two interviews asked some of the same questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you immediately dismissed an idea and it came back to you   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terneuzen (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Terneuzen (Netherlands)) in September 2013.

Interview

One telephone interview, then one full day assessment centre with about 10 more people applying for different positions around Europe, and then a final interview. The first part of the assessment centre was a group exercise, where they gave us a project and a panel was assessing us, then there was a networking lunch, personal interview including both technical and personal questions, and finally a plant tour guided by a junior engineer. After this, there was a second round on site with a motivational interview and a plant visit, with time to discuss about the job with current employees.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on pumps, and general questions such as your greatest strengths, weaknesses, tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your boss, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

First a phone interview followed by in-person interview. The interview consisted of two group panels each consisting of 2 miserable looking engineers who appeared like they didn't want to be there. As it later turned it, that should have been my red flag to abandon and not take the final offer.

Interview Questions

• - Basically lots of personal and behavioral questions with just 1 technical question around fluid flow.   1 Answer