Dow Chemical Research Chemist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Chemical Research Chemist Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Got an interview through on campus recruitment. Had an interview in the department, Was a 40 minute 1 on 1 interview. Described the role and the company first, then steered into more resume based questions. Was asked to submit a research summary too. Some questions about my courses, collaborative projects, whats my strengths etc.

Interview Questions

• If you were given money to start your own project, what would you work on?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Research Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in September 2015.

Interview

I got the interview from on camp recruiting. The interview was mainly focused on my research. It took about 30 min. My research did not match what they need, so I did not get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (West Lafayette, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

20 min discussion about the research & 20 min behavioral questions (How do you handle the difficulties in your research, tell me about the creativity and importance of your research, why do you choose Dow Chemical Company?)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

After having a campus interview through my chemistry department, I was invited for an onsite interview. The interview was a full day. 8 am - 5 pm. The day started with a 45 min PhD level presentation with 15 minutes of questions. Followed by 8 different 45 minute interviews with hiring managers and one 30 minute HR meeting. Overall it went well but exhausting. Most questions focused on research, hardly an behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain this about your research?   Answer Question
    • If you had all the money in the world, what type of research would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI) in October 2009.

Interview

30 yrs ago, College campus interview, invitation for an onsite interview, interviews with multiple teams of several individuals in a couple of departments, job offer immediately (not normal)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

just discussed salary which is among the top tier of their type of company.

Research Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in September 2012.

Interview

Get an interview through on-campus recruiting. The recruiter was nice. It started with telling me something about your research and followed with many behavior question and a little bit technical question. No on-site.

Research Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in August 2010.

Interview

09-10 am, Presentation: I arrived at their campus about 8:30 am. After informing the receptionist the contact person, another lady came out and led me to the conference room where everyone (8 persons) was already sitting there and waiting for me. Presentation included personal experience and one specific topic and it was holding about 30 mins and 15 mins for questions and discussion.

10-12 pm, 1:1 Interview: After presentation, 1:1 interview kept going. Everyone had his own style and different questions. Some would introduce the function of this group first and keep discussing the differences between your research theory and practical cases. Some will ask your past experience according to the resume. The questions might be technical or non-technical. So, be prepared with what you listed on the resume.

12-01 pm, Lunch: The manager led you to the cafeteria and bought you the lunch. Took a break at this time and had a chat with them.

01-02 pm, 1:1 Interview: Interview with the manager. His questions would focus on your future plan and your personal character to see if you can fit this group. Also some practial questions without answers were mentioned. How to simulate this kind of issues by a lab-scale experimental setup. Be sure to ask and make sure you are clear with his question. Think about it carefully and then just answer. I think there is no correct or wrong answer for it. The manager wanted to see how you interpret his question and provide your viewpoints based on your past experience or knowledge.

After the interview, I was sent to another manager for a different job position which I did not expect. The content was almost the same. It took about 1 hour. Last, he walked me out of the building and finished a long day.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever complained about your advisor? If yes, what was it?   1 Answer