Dow Chemical Research Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Chemical Research Engineer Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

On campus recruiting: first had on-campus interview, then invited for on-site interview. Highly technical questions relevant to my graduate work with just a few more behavioral style questions. Overall the interviewers were very nice and curious

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: if you could start a lab, what would you work on?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I got this interview through campus recruiting. The interview was around 45 min. After my research presentation (around 15 min), the following questions were mainly behavior questions related to my experience and some technical questions. The interview was always very nice during the interview. Just finished the interview, so no idea whether will get a second interview.

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

It was campus recruiting. The first round was mostly behavioral questions. At the beginning, I was asked to introduce my research for about 3-5 mins. The behavioral questions are standard questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I gave a research seminar in the morning and then had one on one interviews for the rest of the day. One on one interviews were exhausting, due to the fact that I was the one who would always ask questions, initiate the conversation and so on. Imaging, by the end of the day I almost run out of questions....

due to location

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

This is an on-site interview for a PhD level research Engineer in Hydrocarbon R&D group. I got this opportunity from an employee referral. The process started with a 45-60 min long presentation on my own graduate research, followed by 6-7 1:1 interviews with the research scientists/engineers. It also included a dinner the night before, a lunch during the interview, a lab tour and an HR wrap-up. The whole process was from 8AM to 3:30PM.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are typical behavior questions that can be found on the internet. The interviewers asked a lot about my ability to work in a team-working and my research interests beyond my own field.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Lengthy +6months
    Half of the interviewers unqualified to evaluate your expertise
    No HR response for extended periods
    Interviewers unprepared to answer what your job profile will consist - only direct reporting supervisor is aware.