Dow Chemical Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Chemical Research Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to them during the info-session on campus, applied through my university's career services, and had an on campus interview. The questions are mostly behavioral and about your experiences.
The interview was about 45 min. But did not get the on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your research. What is the biggest achievement you have done. Did you corporate with ours?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

standard hiring process, first phone interview then onsite. Interviewers are very nice. the phone interview lasts about one hour. first twenty minutes are research related questions then all behavior questions, such as how did you make decisions, what is the biggest challenge, how to handle conflict, leadership and so on.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked about my research experience in great technical details. We focused almost entirely on what I had done in graduate school, what problems I had, and what were my biggest achievement/impact etc. We talked very little about the company or what they were looking for. The purpose of the interview was to gather information about the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the call of duty to get something done.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I got this interview through campus recruiting. The interview was mainly about my research experience. Thus, most of the questions I got were about the projects I have done and even a lot experimental details. Instead of the achievement you have made for your research, the interviewer focused more on why the result turned out to be like this. The interviewer was always very nice during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why you pick chemical engineering? Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly casual. First was questions to make sure I fit the job description. Then I gave a 15 min research presentation followed by technical and behavioral questions. They saved time at the end for me to ask questions. Just interviewed today, so no idea if I will get a second interview or an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge in grad school (research or other lab-related)?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Present research topic at a seminar, one on one with 8 people, dinner prior to the interview day, lunch with the team. Overall, everyone was very nice and they were not there to interrogate you. I had a great time meeting the team, talking about science, their work, their experiences.

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

Campus interview in Sep. Got notice of onsite interview in Oct. Onsite interviewed in Dec and got the offer 3 days after the interview. Good experience. Nice people. Base salary the same across all the locations in US for all fresh PhD graduates. Heard some other sites had hiring freeze.

Interview Questions

• Which research group would you choose if you want to do a post-doc?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Campus interview, manager ask some typical behavior question and discuss your research. It depends on who are interviewing. Some are nice and there are a lot interactions. It's a nice experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (East Lansing, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

General campus interview. There was no specific job description. The resume was submitted to the recruiters through the department secretary. An one on one interview was arranged for each applicants (I believe all the applicants got the chance for the interview).

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Had my interview at a campus recruiting event. The questions were mainly focused on my research project, with several behavioral questions such as "how do you collaborate with people in a team setting", "how do you resolve a conflict with your boss", etc.