Dow Chemical Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Chemical Scientist Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Marlborough, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

45 mins on campus interview. After 3 days, my advisor was requested for a recommendation form. Then another 2-3 weeks, I was informed about 2 onsite interviews. 4-5 weeks later, I visited those two sites. 1 hour presentation and Q&A. Then followed by 6-7 one on one interview. My presentation was very well received. One of the interviewers said it was a great talk. And one on one interviews also went very well. Some interviewers discussed technical questions based on my previous presentation. Some focused on my resume experience. Some followed the question list prepared before. Some preferred the casual chat. I very enjoyed the conversations during those two days. I thought I must nail both. However, it has been two weeks, and I have not received an offer or a rejection. My host told me if there was an offer, you would hear back from the company within two weeks. Beyond two weeks, just move on. So I guess I didn't get any offer then.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

This was a on-campus interview for PhD graduates or to be graduates. The interviewer said that he is asking the same standard questions to everybody. Some of the questions asked were:
    Why do you want to pursue a career in the industry instead of going to academics?
    Tell me about your research.
    How is your approach better than the others being used in the industry today?
    How does your approach compare with others researching on the same topic?
    In what areas can you contribute to the company with your skill set?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

All basic behavior questions, did a technical presentation at the beginning for 10 min.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in May 2011.

Interview

a phone pre-interview with HR people first. Then noticed for a one day on-site interview. Very intensive and exhausting but informative and enjoyable interview. Meet with ppl from different groups; ppl there are super nice and positive. Very impressive company. Questions are not difficult, but have to prepared ahead, e.g. what is your weakness, describe and give an example how to deal with difficult situation, what is your greatest achievement.