Dow Chemical Senior Analytical Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Chemical Senior Analytical Specialist Interview Questions

3.4

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Analytical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I applied online through the dow career website and received a call for an on-site interview approximately three weeks after the closing date. The group of people that interviewed me were very nice and made the interview enjoyable and fun. The interview was mainly behavioral type questions and they gave a lot of information about the position and also the company as well. Unfortunately they decided to pursue other candidates but it was a great experience overall. The interview process was organized and I was very well pleased.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you were not able to finish a project and what could you have done differently to keep this from happening again   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Senior Analytical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2016.

Interview

I emailed a recruiter who pass my resume to the hiring manager. I got a call from HR to schedule an interview. It was a phone interview with three people. It was scheduled for an hour. The questions they asked were mostly "what would you do in this situation?" There were also a few question about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What appeals to you about this position?
      What did you not like about your last job?
      What do you consider to be your greatest success?   Answer Question

Senior Analytical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2014.

Interview

First was the phone screening process; where they asked series of basic aptitude questions. Followed by the in-person interview with a group of people; where they had asked all types of question related to the industry, my background, work ethics, technical and personal.
    And then another round of interview, mostly short listed people were asked in-depth questions about my past experience followed by the offer letter. The whole process took about three months.

Interview Questions

• What do I feel about the future of the company i applied for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always negotiate before getting hired and while you receive an offer letter.

Senior Analytical Specialist Interview

Interview

Got hired through campus recruiting in the university. Firstly signed up for interview with a recruiter graduated from a university close by. Interview was about half an hour, with mostly questions on graduate school research experience, specialization, problem solving experience etc. A few behavior questions, e.g. how well do you work with a team, how to deal with conflict, etc. Then got an onsite interview with a group of people in the department. 45 min presentation on research, Q&A, followed by 1-on-1s. Overall people were very friendly. Questions were not very hard to answer. Be yourself and be consistent.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were not hard. But once I was given a chemical structure and was asked to design an experiment with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interview first, onsite interview following - fairly typical for PhD R&D position (seminar, meeting with various department leaders and colleagues). Interaction was formal. People provided a lot of information about the company and the specific work the departments do, which was helpful

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions like strength and weaknesses, leading through influence examples, technical project leadership   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

First contact was through the phone for a short interview with human resources. They asked generic information about your skills, background, previous employers etc. Then, I was contacted by the supervisor for the position I was applying for to tell me they selected me for an in-person interview. A date was set up and I was given a person to contact to arrange for travel and hotel expenses to be covered. It was indicated to me that I needed to give a 1 hour seminar and would be interviewed by a range of different people with a wide range of different backgrounds.

The day of the interview I was picked up at the hotel and brought to the interview location. After arriving, I met with a person from Human Resources and the supervisor for the position to discuss how the interview will proceed and discussed the scedule for the interview. There was a 1 hour seminar, 5 group interviews with two employees interviewing me (one of which was done remotely with two people on the phone at a different site) that were 30 min each, and a 1 hour interview with the two supervisors directly above the position. In the 30 minute interviews, I was interviewed by other people currently in the same position I was applying for, people below the position in technician roles, technical people in another group that I would be interfacing with, and supervisors.

The questions I was asked were generally split into four categories: Technical Knowledge about the job I was applying for, technical knowledge about past experience and my seminar topic, scenario qeustions designed to test how well I work on my feet, and "HR" questions about teamwork, leadership, conflict resolution, and integrity. The HR questions were fairly generic versions of what you can find online such as "Tell me about a time that you had a conflict with a coworker and how it was resolved?", "Do you prefer to work in teams or on your own?", "Give an example of a time that you exhibited leadership in a role" etc.

After the interview it was about 2 weeks before an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Descripe a situation where you and a co-worker had a significant conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The package offered was competitive and I was happy with it.