Dow Chemical Senior Chemist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Chemical Senior Chemist Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Campus recruiting, everyone applied got the interview. Interviewer was very nice. The interview process was standard, all behavior questions and research questions, lasting about 45 min. Not intense, relaxing environment.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge? How did you handle it?
    Talk about your leadership experience.
    Why you chose chemistry?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

campus recruiting, 2nd onsite interview with future group members and manager, also talk about research with research fellows in the company. The campus interview at the University is quite standard, mainly focused on behavior questions, like what is the biggest challenging during your PhD, how do you get along with your advisors, group peers and other collaborators, what do you think is the biggest achievement for yourself during the past four years, etc. The onsite interview is more or less similar with respect to the behavior questions, but from the technical point of view, more questions come from the seminar given at the beginning of the day. The presentation was asked to be around 45 min long and many interviewers may on the phone, so it's important to make sure the audience is following during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest challenging you encountered during the past years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

The first interview was fairly informal. Mostly asked about my doctoral research. There was one or two behavioral questions. I thought the interview went well and was quite comfortable with the interviewer. Got called for a second interview in Indianapolis and that one was much tougher with lots of organic chemistry questions about mechanisms that had nothing to do with my research and that I hadn't used since my undergrad days. I did not get the offer, but I actually don't mind. It was not the best fit for me after all, as I am more of a biomaterials scientist rather than a polymer chemist.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed in your research, what you learnt from the experience and how you moved forward afterwards.   1 Answer

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

One hour long campus interview focused on research. The recruiter had prepared questions and was typing your answers for record. I was asked to submit everything I used in the interview via email. I think they are gonna review everything later.

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI).

Interview

Initial screening on campus, was invited out for onsite interview. Day consisted of formal presentation, followed by individual meetings with senior engineers and scientists. Most of the questions focused on your research or interests, and many were more like informal conversations. Similar things were asked by others at meals. Long day.

Interview Questions

• If you could work on anything at all, what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much unfortunately

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

on campus interview and then onsite

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Interview

campus recruitement

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

I sent my resume to Dow when they were interviewing on campus. Got an interview on campus that lasted about 45 min. This interview was pretty much what is expected from on campus interviews - talk about your qualifications and experiences, and behavioral questions, nothing uncommon. The guy was very nice and I felt very comfortable. About a month later I received an email to schedule an on-site interview in Philadelphia. Before contacting me they had contacted my advisor asking him to send a note about me. The on-site interview lasted 1 full day. I flew one day before to Philadelphia and met a guy the next day for breakfast. The guy had been recently hired. Then he took me to the company, I made a presentation of about 45 min. There were some technical questions about my work but nothing very difficult. Then I went to a room where people would come to interview me. I was interviewed one by one by 5 people. They were the hiring manager, associate scientist, associate director, research scientist, associate scientist and lead chemist. The interviews were pretty OK. I talked about my experience and qualifications when I had the chance (they wouldn't let me talk as much I as would like to, they talked a lot!!), they talked about the company and the group and so on...there were some technical questions about my work, what I thought about doing some other different reactions in my work for example, and questions about leadership, working in groups, etc... I had many questions but didn't get the chance to ask many. Finally I met with the HR human that explained me the benefits. They contacted me by email (a very rude email, considering that I had sent thank-you letters by mail to all of them) about 2 weeks later saying that they wouldn't extend me a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Great processes in place, best place to work since the recruitment