Dow Chemical Senior Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Chemical Senior Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Got an on campus interview after applying through university. The process took approximately 2 weeks. Got asked basic behavioral questions. The interviewer was typing the whole time when I was speaking. The lack of interaction made it hard to answer the questions. Some questions were repetitive.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

On campus first, then two on-site interviews. Gave an one-hour presentation.
    Tips: try to have an interview on site as soon as you can. They may take anyone they like immediately.Once the position get filled, your interview is just wast of time.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Typical R&D interviewing process - presentation of expertise area, followed by 3-6 one on one interviews about experiences and fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

On campus interview--on site interview

Interview Questions

• How do you envision your career path at Dow   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI).

Interview

Interviewed at campus recruitment. I was contacted after a couple of weeks and scheduled for a onsite interview in Midland, Michigan. On the day of my interview, I first gave a 45 minutes presentation followed by one on one interviews with eight different people, each one took around 45 min. None of the questions were tricky, most of them were technical questions, not many behavioral type questions.

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Marlborough, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

I went to the company one day before the interview date. Host had me to bring the site from the hotel. I have 6 interviewer for one day. Each 1:1 interview took for one hour.

Interview Questions

• What is your strong and weakness? I got mostly typical interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not bad

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

I saw a great group of researchers led by a very personable manager. The interview process required giving a research seminar at the beginning, followed by a question/answer session, then meeting several senior scientists and managers.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The impression was that the salary itself was formulaic, but that the sign-on bonus was negotiable. Because I needed extra time to decide (two-body problem), I did not negotiate on the salary but rather on the extra time for making a decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2007.

Interview

It is a slow process where they like to make sure you will fit in with the culture and their manufacturing sites.It is a slow process where they like to make sure you will fit in with the culture and their manufacturing sites.It is a slow process where they like to make sure you will fit in with the culture and their manufacturing sites

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

1. Submitted resume through campus career office
    2. On campus behavioral interview (candidates are given a numerical score and rated as must invite, invite, consider, drop following this interview)
    3. Invited for a site interview, presented a research seminar in the morning, and interviewed with group members in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral and personal interview questions: why do you want to work for Dow, why should we hire you, resume related questions, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2011.

Interview

Good interview process. they took good care to make me comfortable. Presentation in key and most important. 1:1 was cool, if you have reasonable comm skills, you will do well. Folks in this particular dept were friendly. remember to ask lots of questions. surprisingly, no interview with any manager or HR for me. process is tiring. prepare well and like you would your thesis defense!