Dow Corning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Corning Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.9

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Corning.

Interview

Contacted by HR and then phone interview by HR, onsite with HM and relevant team. Standard target select questions. The interviewers are all friendly and professional. Follow up with HR was smooth also. A lot of people have been with the company for a long time, shared their perspective of the company and current situation.

Chemist Interview

Interview

was asked a lot of generic interview questions that didn't really give the company much info about me or vice versa. After getting an offer I had to go back and ask the company more questions to find out what I was actually going to be doing.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Corning in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus career services. Scheduled an on campus interview. Pretty standard behavioral questions. One of the questions caught me really off guard and it really shouldn't have. I had 4 interviews that week which made it difficult to really prepare for this one especially since it wasn't my top choice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time from your internship experience where you used a skill you learned from your classes   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Corning.

Interview

Conducted on campus-interview. Did not get a chance to meet with them at Career Fair but they liked my resume online and invited me to interview with them. The interview was very straightforward and I did not have much trouble connecting with him. It was a smooth process and have no complaints at all. Got offer three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my resume and talked about myself in general. Very laid back interview and interviewer was very nice and approachable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. $24 per hour and subsidized housing

Lab Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Corning.

Interview

Applied online then had a ~15 minute phone screening. Shortly after I received a call to come in for an interview. Interview with three separate technical experts and received a tour of the lab facilities. Within a week a received a phone call offering me the position.

Senior Research Chemist Interview

Application

Interview

Found out about the positions at career fair at my university. Then, got an on-campus interview which was for 30 min with couple behavioral questions and brief research talk. A week after that, got a phone call from the project leader to ask me few more questions about my research background. About 2 weeks after that, got an on-site interview which consisted of informal dinner with the project leader and a day of interview. Started with 1 hour research seminar and 5 interviews (1 hour each, one-on-one interview) with lunch break and lab tour. Each interview was mostly behavioral questions and all the interviewers were very nice and informative about the company and the Midland area. Still waiting to hear back about the offer.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are behavioral questions that you can find online. None of them were unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Corning.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to interview approximately 3-4 weeks later. It was conducted over a conference call with two engineers and it was around 45-50 minutes. They followed the STAR interview format.

Senior Materials Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Corning (Midland, MI).

Interview

Phone interview: mainly targeted selection questions, your boss, your partners, the challenge in the past, and so on.
    Technical details in the past research, perspective in the position interviewed.

College Full-Time: Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Corning.

Interview

Applied through Indeed.com in early September, and heard back in mid-October regarding a phone interview. Was interviewed by two people in positions relating to potential openings.

The interview lasted for an hour and they told me that they presented all candidates to the hiring managers who then independently decided who to contact for an on-site interview. Heard back a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What determines when a project is finished?   1 Answer

Human Resource Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Corning (Midland, MI).

Interview

Applied through school website, 2 hour interview process with 2 reps from Dow Corning. Quick responds time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate