Dow Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.9

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Robotics Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow (Deer Park, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was comprised of 4 main portions.
    1) Applied online.
         - It took them an unusual amount of time to get back to me. It took roughly 37 days to reach out to me. Which was fine, I was not in a hurry or anything, but in my limited experience, usually companies (if interested) will reach out in under 10 days.
    2) A video interview.
         - This was pretty interesting. At the very beginning, without knowing if I was a good fit or a solid candidate, they took a solid 15 minutes to really explain not just what the role was comprised of, the forward direction of that division and what it is that they were trying to accomplish with the type of projects they work on. In my experience, companies breeze through this part cause they want to interrogate you and get it over with. So their energy and excitement to explain what they do, started to rub of on me. The follow on was a review of your work history and projects. Then some behavioral and example scenario type questions for the remainder. Total time was about 1 hour.
    3) A face-to-face interview.
         - This was a bit more intense. It involved 4 people and after my spiel about my work history and experience they got right to it with some questions that cut right through the usual bs of interviews (though there was an occasional hand me out too). I found myself struggling to read how much detail they wanted from me as I answered the questions so I tried to mix it up. Total time was about 1 hour.
    4) Offer.
         - The offer came about a week later. I respected the fact that they give you 7 days to make a decision. I already had a job I enjoyed (but I felt like I would be such a good fit so I applied anyway), so I appreciated the extra time to deliberate on whether or not this was a good career move.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Overall interview experience was very poor. An engineering screening test was mistakenly required for the application. HR failed to communicate my expected salary, despite my disclosing it twice. I likely could have saved my time off if they had just communicated that information to the lead interviewer, who seemed on a totally different page when he asked me to disclose it for the third time.

The process included a generic phone screening, a phone interview, and a three-hour interview with a panel of three people.

I was confused with another candidate and asked which department my friend works in. I do not have a friend who works at DOW. The third interviewer’s first question to me, after already interviewing for 2 hours, was "So, what are you doing here?” The lead interviewer assured me that I would hear from him personally in a week. I never heard from anyone. It took 2 months for them to finally send me a generic rejection email. I expected a company of their size to have things a little more together.

Chemical Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow (Freeport, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied and within 2 days was asked to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted 20-30 minutes and the interviewer was very nice and for the most part very helpful. The interviewer couldn't answer a few questions only because they didn't know the answer to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you exceeded your employers expectations? What was it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question
    • This is a union job and the pay is non negotiable are you ok with that?   Answer Question
    • If given the option what would your salary be? (hourly wage)   Answer Question

Lean Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dow (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

the interview was about 30 minutes long, it is kinda tricky. there are a group of 3 engineers that asked me questions. They are nice but the interview was hard.

Interview Questions

• what you would do if your boss gave you less information on the task you are working on   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Lake Jackson, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Over all great experience. The interviewers seems very nice and down to earth. There were no coding or white boarding questions. Talked about my experience, asked some interview questions that is more like "what you would do in this specific situation".

Interview Questions

• What was something unethical that you encountered and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online at college and was invited for a campus interview. All questions were behavioral and situational based questions. Not very hard but very typical group/school based questions. Conventional interview and was around 40-50 minutes. You should bring extra questions to keep them preoccupied.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where one fo your teammates did not do any of the work. How did you react and how did you resolve this issue.   Answer Question

Research Scientist - Materials Science Core R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Freeport, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I was initially interviewed by two employees at the same time on campus. It went well and I was invited to interview with the Materials Science Core R&D group in Freeport, TX. Upon arriving in Freeport, I checked into my hotel (a few minutes away from the building that I interviewed in) and was taken to dinner by one of the group member. I had a full schedule for the day of the interview (7 am to 3:30 pm), including breakfast and lunch with a host who is a part of the group. I gave a ~45 min presentation with 15 min of Q&A to the group on-site, while others listened in via phone and internet. Afterwards, I had 5 back-to-back interviews (~45 min) with members (1:1) of the group and discussed various aspects of the job. Every group member was kind, enthusiastic, and curious about my work, background, etc. and had good things to say about working for Dow. After the interviews concluded, I was told that I would hear back soon and was driven back to my hotel. I received an email from their HR department informing me that I did not receive an offer of employment. Overall, it was a very enjoyable and beneficial experience for me.

Interview Questions

• We offer two tracks for Core R&D: Manager and Fellow. Which do you see yourself choosing? What leadership experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had trouble working with a colleague. What happened? Have you ever collaborated on a project? Only in your immediate research group, university, country?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever missed a deadline? If so, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with securing funding, marketing new ideas, and dealing with failure? What's the most creative contribution that you've made on a research project?   Answer Question
    • If you started a research lab right now, what areas of research would you pursue? Long term and short term research goals?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

This is a on-campus interview. The interview lasts around 45 minutes. The interviewer is an associate director from R&D department. The whole process is really nice. It starts talking about my program and research and follows by several common behavioral questions, such as teamwork, leadership and conflict situation. Have not been noticed about the result.

Interview Questions

• How did you start your research?
      What is your most innovative part in your research?   Answer Question

Phd Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through the university career center website and got a on campus interview with two recruiters. They are very nice and didn't make me nervous at all. They asked me introduce my research projects and then some behavior questions like leadership and collaborations. After 6 weeks, I got a on site interview invitation.

Interview Questions

• Tell some leadership experience.
      How to start your research.   Answer Question

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow (Freeport, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with the Delivery Leader 2 permit writers, and a Business Environmental Technical Manager (Super Environmental Specialist). The Panel Interview lasted an hour. I went into the human resources office. When I got there the above people were there. Dow interviewed me using the standard interview questions. If you know someone who works there ask them to help with the interview. As I have stated the questions are standard.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a recent time when you implemented a solution to a problem without thinking about the impact on others.   Answer Question