Dow Improvement Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Improvement Engineer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow (Detroit, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview went very smoothly, at first the interviewer told me about herself and her career at Dow. Then she asked me a few questions like "tell me about yourself" "Why do you want to work at Dow?" and then moved on to behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were upset and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dow

Improvement Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow in December 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and invited to an on-site interview a few weeks later. The interview was a panel behavioral interview with the people I'd be working with and under (4 people). They asked situation-specific questions about things I'd dome in the past that prove skill necessary for the job. Personally, I don't find behavioral interviews any more productive than a standard 1:1 becasue you can BS your way through and fabricate responses ar bend the truth.

I contacted the only interviewer who gave me his information a couple of times over the next month and finally HR called me to make an offer and schedule the drug screening.

Overall a pretty standard experience for a manufacturing company interview for an engineer. If you have no qualms with working in oil and gas though, head for that industry...the pay is way better...especially upstream.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to find an innovative way to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to resolve a conflict amongst peers while solving a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although they are pretty firm on their salaries I was able to negotiate a signing bonus since I wasn't requiring relocation and I'd have to buy a car because my previous employer provided one. It won't hurt to negotiate...especially if you have some past experience/current salary to leverage in there.

Improvement Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow in April 2009.

Interview

Standard behavior and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a situation involving a difficult co worker   Answer Question