Dow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

223 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

R&D Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow in August 2017.

Interview

Campus recruiting interview-50 min. A very nice interviewer, and the conversation was mainly about my research experience and motivations. They care about the leadership, collaboration with others, and what research area you will match.

R & D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow (Champaign, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

It is a very general and friendly interview. The interviewers, as mine said, are simply collecting applicant information. Decisions about site interviews will be made back in the Dow company. General questions were asked. And I was given 15-20 min to present my research.

Ph D Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow (College Station, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

This was a campus interview as part of Dow's recruiting efforts they have with numerous universities. It was a 45 minute interview where I was asked by 2 senior employees in different divisions of Dow behavioral questions for 35 minutes and then I was allowed to ask questions of them for the remaining 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were typical behavioral questions such as, describe what your responsibilities were for X project, what were your ideas as part of your Ph.D thesis work, etc. One other question I thought was helpful, was asking me if I had a desire to be in a certain part of the U.S. if I were to get a job with Dow since they have facilities all over the place.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I interviewed/ phone screen with an HR rep on the phone. Basically they reviewed my application and resume, I'm still waiting to hear back for an in person interview.

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

Interview

First resume selection. Got notified after one week that the on campus interview was schedule. Almost no time for preparation. The interview was about 45 min and mostly behavioral questions. The interviewers were a RD director and a associate scientist.

Interview Questions

• Work conflict. How do you resolve it?
      Cooperation.
      Mentor experience.
      leadership
      site preference   Answer Question

Materials Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

I got the opportunity from on campus interview. One on one interview. The interviewer went through the resume and asked basic behavior questions. Addition time is allow for my own questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the time you have to finish the task in a very short period of time.   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dow in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiting through the university. I had to submit resume, research summary and transcript prior then I was chosen for a campus interview. The interview was very relaxed. I was nervous initially but as the interview progressed I became much more calm. I have yet to hear back from DOW for an on-site.

I still have yet to hear back from them.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed as a PhD candidate in chemical engineering, and the interview was very smooth, beginning with questions about research. Many of the questions were of the following format: "Give me an example of a time when..." The interviewers were very genuine, and generally did not try to trip you up. Positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you were innovative in your research endeavors.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Overall interview experience was very poor. An engineering screening test was mistakenly required for the application. HR failed to communicate my expected salary, despite my disclosing it twice. I likely could have saved my time off if they had just communicated that information to the lead interviewer, who seemed on a totally different page when he asked me to disclose it for the third time.

The process included a generic phone screening, a phone interview, and a three-hour interview with a panel of three people.

I was confused with another candidate and asked which department my friend works in. I do not have a friend who works at DOW. The third interviewer’s first question to me, after already interviewing for 2 hours, was "So, what are you doing here?” The lead interviewer assured me that I would hear from him personally in a week. I never heard from anyone. It took 2 months for them to finally send me a generic rejection email. I expected a company of their size to have things a little more together.

Microbiologist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

I sat with 3 employees from Dow and they asked questions for 20-30 minutes. They were very responsive and went in-depth when I asked questions of the company and their work.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research, how much of it have you contributed, and what are some innovative aspects of your research.   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with the issue you had with your former boss?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Dow?   Answer Question