Dow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.9

493 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

Dow has a big recruitment effort to hire fresh PhD candidates and comes really early compared to other companies. They finished their university campus interviews and their on-site interviews before you had a chance to interview with any other company. The representatives from the company say they do this so early to make sure they get pick of the best candidates.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

The process consisted of an on campus interview and then a final interview at their main campus. The on campus was with one recruiter and mostly behavioral . The final round interview was with four different recruiters at 30 minutes an interview comprised of both technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a right fit for the company?   Answer Question
    • When have you solved a problem/added value using one of the tools marked on your resume?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

The interview starts with a short brief introduction;
    and then it is ~15 min research presentation, interviewers interrupted sometimes and asked questions.
    After research presentation, it was ~10 min behavior questions;
    the rest of the time was for interviewees to ask questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online via my school's online recruiting website. I interviewed a few weeks later on campus with a Dow Finance Manager. The interview was mainly behavioral questions, and I got the offer a few days later.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow in October 2017.

Interview

On-campus interview and then on-site interview in 3 weeks.
    Very nice company. Very friendly interviewers. They made me feel very comfortable.
    General technical and behavioral questions. Will hear back from them in 2-3 weeks.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Sent my resume through the Engineering Career and Assistance Center. Received an invitation for an on-campus interview. Interviewed with one guy and he was super friendly. He asked mostly behavioral questions from a list in the STAR format and he wrote down my answers that way. I interviewed last week and they try to get back to you as soon as possible whether or not they want to offer you a job. My interviewer told me their interview process is just this one initial interview and then they decide from there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you said you could do more than you could actually deliver. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you worked with someone who was different from you.   Answer Question
    • Will you have access to a car?   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Hour long interview at a conference basic personality questions. Research the company beforehand and have a good idea of where you want to be. You only need a 2.75 GPA

Interview Questions

• Name a time you couldn’t meet a deadline. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Research Scientist PhD Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

Applied online through my university where the recruiters selected a dozen or so people to interview on campus. The interview was about an 1hr long and it was it was fine/friendly, I just didn't have the background they wanted.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

45 minute on-campus interview: 15 minute discussion of research (with various technical questions from interviewer) + 30 minute behavioral interview. If on-campus interview successful, followed by an invitation to an on-site interview (45 minute technical presentation + 1:1 interviews).

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you've had to make?
      Under what circumstances would you not work well with a team?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (College Station, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Process took two weeks. I went in an interviewed with a DOW employee. It was a 45 minute interview and the questions were all behavioral based. It wasn't too difficult, and there weren't any questions that were out of the box that my interview prep didn't help with.

They wanted to know about times that you were a leader and about your teamwork skills so having solid examples about that helped.