Dow Engineering Co-Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Sent my resume through the Engineering Career and Assistance Center. Received an invitation for an on-campus interview. Interviewed with one guy and he was super friendly. He asked mostly behavioral questions from a list in the STAR format and he wrote down my answers that way. I interviewed last week and they try to get back to you as soon as possible whether or not they want to offer you a job. My interviewer told me their interview process is just this one initial interview and then they decide from there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you said you could do more than you could actually deliver. What did you do?   Answer Question
  • Name a time you worked with someone who was different from you.   Answer Question
  • Will you have access to a car?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dow

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

Got interview at career fair. Sat down for 30 minute interview the next day. Got a call that night to come to dinner and received an offer. Not much more to say than that.

Interview Questions

• Biggest Weakness. Why do you want to work here. Easy things   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Starkville, MS) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. My interviewer tried his best to make me feel comfortable. The interview seemed to go very well as I did not struggle to answer any questions, but I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you encountered any unethical scenario, and what did you do about it ?   Answer Question
    • What creative things have you done in one of your technical jobs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online at college and was invited for a campus interview. All questions were behavioral and situational based questions. Not very hard but very typical group/school based questions. Conventional interview and was around 40-50 minutes. You should bring extra questions to keep them preoccupied.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where one fo your teammates did not do any of the work. How did you react and how did you resolve this issue.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

I was interviewed at a engineering conference. The process was quick. I interviewed and within 48 hours I was made an offer. I was interviewed with a recruiter. It took about 30 minutes. The experience was good, all of the questions were behavior based.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation were a superior was being difficult?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow (Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I talked to local recruiters on campus and was invited to an on campus interview after applying. The interview was strictly behavior, pretty conventional as far as interviews go. There were no technically based questions, mainly just based on your past roles and some situation based questions. Make sure to bring a bunch of question since their script runs out of questions pretty fast. Ended up getting an offer but turning it down for another internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

After talking to them at an on-campus career fair, they offer you an interview. The interview was behavioral which is centered around how well you work in teams, as an individual, and as a leader. Then they tell you about possible job locations and any location preferences.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember a particular question, but they ask you to go into details about each thing on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Met recruiters at the career fair, applied online and mentioned conversations in cover letter. Got an interview several days after submitting application. The interview was very standard, started with questions about interest in the company and escalated to behavioral questions. Interviews were very nice, it was me and two recruiters who took turns answering questions.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

The interview was a standard interview with the usual questions and lasted approximately one hour. Even thought the interview was for a student employment position, the questions were the generic questions asked of any candidate. The experience was made better by engaging the interviewers and asking them questions. If the interviewee has a positive attitude and clearly articulates thoughtful answers to questions, they are likely to leave a positive impression.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a group project in which one of the members was not contributing. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through university career center. The process took around three weeks and interviewed on campus. It was not tough one. Basic star question. But the moment interviewer ask me question he started writing word by I word that I was saying and that made me confuse and I screwed everything. At the end he suggest me to improve my confidence level and I told him to get some interviewing training. You don't need to type in everything to what I am saying. Blalalalalalla
    Definitely got rejection after three weeks. but the interviewer reply me that he talk about my comment to his hiring manager and they also suggest me to only take notes. Lol

Interview Questions

• Nothing The interviewer was just start typing everything that I said   Answer Question