Dow R&D Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow R&D Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed through a campus recruiting event. About a 45 minute one on one interview with recruiter. First gave a brief presentation of my research then discussed it. There wasn't enough time to go into details of research. Mostly standard behavioral questions after that- your working style, approaches to challenges, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dow

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

A research summary was required before you go to next step and interview notice was sent by email. I was interviewed on campus a career fair. Got a few common behavior questions. The total time was about 1 hour.

The interviewer was nice but it seemed he was tired after interviewing candidates all day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Midland, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

Hour-long seminar followed by 5-6 phone/in-person interviews. They also provided a lunch with the hiring manager and host. The interview overall was a bit exhausting, but the questions were fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Lake Jackson, TX).

Interview

The interview process started with an on-campus screening type of interview, asking mostly behavioral questions.
    About 4 weeks later I was notified to set up an on-site interview in Lake Jackson, TX. Flight arrangements were made to and from Houston, TX and Lake Jackson is about an hour drive south of the city.
    The first night was a dinner with three employees, all senior technical.
    The interview process starts the next morning with a research seminar, complete with Q&A session, then followed by 4 more interviews throughout the rest of the day.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty common questions; where do you see yourself in five years? what else would you like to know about the company? what is your biggest research accomplishment?   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dow (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Multi layer interviews,
    a) Technical as well as HR interviews to evaluate various aspects
    b) by Global as well as Local managers

Overall process took a significant time, almost 5 months
    Needed frequent followups from the applicant to get things rolling forward.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow in May 2015.

Interview

I was fortunate enough to find the email address of a Research Scientist at Dow Water and Process Solutions R&D Center through one of my senior university colleague. When I sent him my resume for R&D position, the person ensured me to pass it to higher management for prospective recruitment.

Within a week, I received a phone call from R&D Manager after setting the time and day by email correspondence. The 1st Telephonic Interview lasted approx. 40 minutes discussing my education and research background, checking my personal skills, some STAR based questions, etc. The manager referred me to another Research Scientist who was actually working on related project of my MS Research area.

Secondly, I received a phone call from Research Scientist after setting the time and day by email correspondence. The 2nd Telephonic Interview lasted approx. 30 minutes discussing my MS research area in depth.

After a few days, I was invited to visit their R&D facility, deliver presentation and have one to one meeting with their research workers. Everything went all. The R&D Director mostly focused on STAR based interview questions.

In last, after three and half months of long waiting period, I received an email from the R&D Director that currently they do not have any position matching my experience and skills set.