Dow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2018

2.9

R & D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow (Champaign, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

It is a very general and friendly interview. The interviewers, as mine said, are simply collecting applicant information. Decisions about site interviews will be made back in the Dow company. General questions were asked. And I was given 15-20 min to present my research.

Ph D Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow (College Station, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

This was a campus interview as part of Dow's recruiting efforts they have with numerous universities. It was a 45 minute interview where I was asked by 2 senior employees in different divisions of Dow behavioral questions for 35 minutes and then I was allowed to ask questions of them for the remaining 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were typical behavioral questions such as, describe what your responsibilities were for X project, what were your ideas as part of your Ph.D thesis work, etc. One other question I thought was helpful, was asking me if I had a desire to be in a certain part of the U.S. if I were to get a job with Dow since they have facilities all over the place.   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

Interview

First resume selection. Got notified after one week that the on campus interview was schedule. Almost no time for preparation. The interview was about 45 min and mostly behavioral questions. The interviewers were a RD director and a associate scientist.

Interview Questions

• Work conflict. How do you resolve it?
      Cooperation.
      Mentor experience.
      leadership
      site preference   Answer Question

Materials Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

I got the opportunity from on campus interview. One on one interview. The interviewer went through the resume and asked basic behavior questions. Addition time is allow for my own questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the time you have to finish the task in a very short period of time.   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dow in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiting through the university. I had to submit resume, research summary and transcript prior then I was chosen for a campus interview. The interview was very relaxed. I was nervous initially but as the interview progressed I became much more calm. I have yet to hear back from DOW for an on-site.

I still have yet to hear back from them.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed as a PhD candidate in chemical engineering, and the interview was very smooth, beginning with questions about research. Many of the questions were of the following format: "Give me an example of a time when..." The interviewers were very genuine, and generally did not try to trip you up. Positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you were innovative in your research endeavors.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow in August 2017.

Interview

Campus interview- The interviewer was very nice and gave a lot of information. The process was mainly about skill set matching. Was asked to explain all the projects in detail .

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Dow came to campus for a on campus recruiting. PhD candidates from chemical engineering, material science, chemistry, and other related majors are collected to have a one on one interview. The interview is mainly about behavioral questions talking about your own research.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a experience that you collaborated with someone and succeeded?   Answer Question

Resource Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Midland, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Online application along with the submittal of a resume and cover letter. Was contacted about two weeks later for an interview. Interview was then scheduled for the following week. Interview was smooth and professional and was offered a position an hour after.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow in August 2017.

Interview

Our school department secretary helped distributed Dow employment opportunities through email. I applied to the contact person in email and get an interview. Because I was not in U.S. at the time of interview, I had to do a phone call using WebEX. The interviewer was our alumni so she is really nice. However, she only record my answer to the system, and let managers come review it and make selection for next round of onsite interview.