Dow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a career fair and we didn't really seem to hit it off real well, walked away thinking I wouldn't be hearing from them again. The next week I get a call from a recruiter asking to schedule an interview the following week. I accepted to interview.

The two people I interviewed with were very friendly and in the field I would've been working in. They asked about five questions and none of the questions were extremely technical, but they did like it when you were able to reference different kinds of methodologies you know or skills that you have.

I walked out of the interview feeling good, and I received a call the next morning with an informal offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received negative feedback, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

I submitted my resume through college career site and was contacted to set up an interview. They were behavioral questions and it was with two extremely nice employees. They represented their company very well and really made me want to work for them. I was called within five days of doing the interview to get an offer.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online at college and was invited for a campus interview. All questions were behavioral and situational based questions. Not very hard but very typical group/school based questions. Conventional interview and was around 40-50 minutes. You should bring extra questions to keep them preoccupied.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where one fo your teammates did not do any of the work. How did you react and how did you resolve this issue.   Answer Question

Research Scientist - Materials Science Core R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Freeport, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I was initially interviewed by two employees at the same time on campus. It went well and I was invited to interview with the Materials Science Core R&D group in Freeport, TX. Upon arriving in Freeport, I checked into my hotel (a few minutes away from the building that I interviewed in) and was taken to dinner by one of the group member. I had a full schedule for the day of the interview (7 am to 3:30 pm), including breakfast and lunch with a host who is a part of the group. I gave a ~45 min presentation with 15 min of Q&A to the group on-site, while others listened in via phone and internet. Afterwards, I had 5 back-to-back interviews (~45 min) with members (1:1) of the group and discussed various aspects of the job. Every group member was kind, enthusiastic, and curious about my work, background, etc. and had good things to say about working for Dow. After the interviews concluded, I was told that I would hear back soon and was driven back to my hotel. I received an email from their HR department informing me that I did not receive an offer of employment. Overall, it was a very enjoyable and beneficial experience for me.

Interview Questions

• We offer two tracks for Core R&D: Manager and Fellow. Which do you see yourself choosing? What leadership experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had trouble working with a colleague. What happened? Have you ever collaborated on a project? Only in your immediate research group, university, country?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever missed a deadline? If so, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with securing funding, marketing new ideas, and dealing with failure? What's the most creative contribution that you've made on a research project?   Answer Question
    • If you started a research lab right now, what areas of research would you pursue? Long term and short term research goals?   Answer Question

Commercial Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via my campus job search website, and was requested to select an interview time.

I met on campus via the Career Center with a very nice, but formal, guy. He started off by asking me to tell him about myself. He then started a formal behaviorally anchored interview process. He asked me a series of around 10 questions. He had a sheet per question (I am assuming with information that gives him a good idea of what a good response is for the question). He also had a sheet with a table for him to put input about my responses for each question.

The questions went along the lines of, "Tell me about a time when you were working with a team and..." They were mostly about my difference experiences with teams. He also asked why I wanted to work with DOW Chemical.

He finished the interview by asking if I had any questions, and then we separated ways.

He was very nice. Just be prepared to talk a LOT about your experience with teams with several examples.

It has been a couple weeks and I have still not heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for DOW Chemical?   1 Answer

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I talked to a representative at a career fair. A week later, they emailed me to do an interview on my college campus. It was both technical and behavioral, and they said it would be the only round. I thought the interview went well. I didn't get an offer but they seemed to like me in the final rejection email.

Interview Questions

• How do you align with DOW's four core principles? (note: I forgot the exact principles)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Dow in October 2016.

Interview

After applying through my school's career platform, I had an interview with an engineer. Most of the questions were based off of the STAR format, so just prepare for those and you should be fine. The interviewer was very nice and accommodating. However, the entire process took almost 2 months for some reason, so don't be discouraged if you don't hear back at first.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Got an on campus interview after applying through university. The process took approximately 2 weeks. Got asked basic behavioral questions. The interviewer was typing the whole time when I was speaking. The lack of interaction made it hard to answer the questions. Some questions were repetitive.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed through a campus recruiting event. About a 45 minute one on one interview with recruiter. First gave a brief presentation of my research then discussed it. There wasn't enough time to go into details of research. Mostly standard behavioral questions after that- your working style, approaches to challenges, etc.

Commercial Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Midland, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on-campus (UT) with alumni at the company. Wined + Dined. Then I went to a super day in Midland, MI. It was a group interview with two other candidate and a couple of interviewers, all int he same room. They asked generate fit questions, sales experiences, learning experiences, etc. However they asked the same question to all of us in different orders. If you have never done a group interview with other candidates, this interview may feel weird.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to face a difficult team member + what did you do + outcome   Answer Question