Dow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.9

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview. Had to give a presentation about my dissertation research, followed by questions on my research and skills. It was about 1 hours. I also had to apply online with my CV and cover letter.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why this company?
      Q. Skills I have.
      Q. What new value will I add to the company.
      Q. DO I like community work.   Answer Question

Phd Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through the university career center website and got a on campus interview with two recruiters. They are very nice and didn't make me nervous at all. They asked me introduce my research projects and then some behavior questions like leadership and collaborations. After 6 weeks, I got a on site interview invitation.

Interview Questions

• Tell some leadership experience.
      How to start your research.   Answer Question

Research & Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow in September 2016.

Interview

Supposed to be an on-campus interview but I was out of country and had a phone interview instead. 60-minute phone interview - introduce my research experience (about 10 min). And mostly behavioral questions (related to research experiences) for the remaining time. Left about 5 minutes for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe collaboration experiences and what how you contributed to the project.   Answer Question
    • Do you have experiences of trying to meet a deadline but failed or almost failed and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my schools job website. Stopped by the career fair and introduced my self and gave them a copy of my resume. Got an email saying that I was invited for an on campus interview. Went to the informational before to network. The interview was around 30 minutes.

Commercial Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow (Provo, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the internship by submitting my resume, and then having an in-person interview on campus. Then they have a group dinner with the interviewees who make it to the next round, and from there, choose people to fly out to Dow for more interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake you've made in a previous job experience?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I spoke to recruiters at my school's career fair, and I received a request for an interview the following week. I was interviewed at my school's career center.

I showed up and was interviewed by the recruiter that I had met at the career fair. She was an alumni from the same program that I am studying in. I was asked a handful of behavioral questions, followed by some Q&A time for me to learn more about the internship and show my interest.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to implement unconventional resources to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • What makes you different from other candidates?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

Had an interview with a corporate employee at a career fair. Really enjoyed talking to her...didn't feel like an interview at all.

My second interview was at the plant. The weather was very rainy/gloomy so I got a plant tour in a car and met everyone at the plant I'd be working for. My interview team consisted of 3 employees - two leaders and a production engineer. Asked standard behavioral questions which lasted about 1-2 hours then they gave me an hour to ask questions. Company paid for my flight, hotel, rental car, and lunch. I really liked the people and what they had to say about the company. No technical questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Dow?
      Questions about teamwork, leadership and what you did when dealing with difficult teammates/when you were waiting on something from someone and they weren't finished yet.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and interviewed with a local Dow engineer. I was interviewed for an engineering role in TX but it was filled by someone more immediate. HR was really easy to work with and held onto my application. I was invited to interview for different production engineering positions at a hiring expo in LA. Travel/hotel/food all paid for. Overall, interview questions were mostly behavioral and not too difficult (i.e. tell me a time when...). They even ask you beforehand to present your answer in the STAR format. During the break between interviews, a few engineers asked some basic technical questions related to chemical engineering. I was asked to rank the roles I interviewed for, and in the end I received an offer for my top choice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when...
      -you made a mistake
      -you had to deal with an unruly coworker or teammate
      -led a project/team
      -etc.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a CSTR and a PFR?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was essentially non-negotiable as I was a recent graduate with little experience. I would expect experienced/external hires have more negotiating power. Also, they did not consider my year in lab research as applicable experience in M&E, so make sure you get as much intern/co-op experience in a plant or manufacturing setting if you are pursuing an M&E position to make your application stronger and increase your potential starting salary offer.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow (Freeport, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with the Delivery Leader 2 permit writers, and a Business Environmental Technical Manager (Super Environmental Specialist). The Panel Interview lasted an hour. I went into the human resources office. When I got there the above people were there. Dow interviewed me using the standard interview questions. If you know someone who works there ask them to help with the interview. As I have stated the questions are standard.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a recent time when you implemented a solution to a problem without thinking about the impact on others.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow.

Interview

Applied online. Progressed to the next stage-gate. Phone interview with relevant employees (2-on-1). Progressed to the final stage-gate. In-person interview with hiring manager. Later notified of decision. Received and negotiated offer.

Interview Questions

• Initial phone interview was split between an assessment of work behavior and job-specific skills.

In-person interview was a final confirmation of work behavior and personality, (i.e., do you match what they want the customers to see and experience), and also ability to meet job-specific requirements.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was very tough. Initial phone negotiation lasted one hour. Departed overnight in stand-still to allow both parties to reflect. Finished negotiation successfully next morning with win-win outcome. Conceded location, but gained hard compensation. Commercial offers are thoroughly researched and are backed by data - the offer will not be excessively high or low. If you ask for something, there must be a valid business or data-backed personal case for the exception. Never concede without gaining something in-return.