Dow Jones Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Jones Director Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Series of interviews with hiring leader and others on the team. Mostly behavioral interview questions, some drilling into specific skills and experiences. Interview process seemed a little junior to the position but not crazy. After about three weeks and four interviews was told the division head would be the next, and presumably final, meeting. After that...radio silence. Neither the hiring leader nor HR ever closed the loop. More than six weeks later one final email got a response. Turns out they lost funding for the role. I was asked if I would consider a part time consulting role instead of the FT director job. Felt very unprofessional. Yuck.

Interview Questions

• Range of behavior questions ("tell me about a time when..." and skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Jones

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviews were short, equal amounts selling me on Dow Jones and asking about my skills and experience. But the interview process was the easy part. Working my way through the offer and recruiting process was excruciating. Very hard to pin them down on offer details. They seemed as worried I would say no and interested in getting me to say yes. Going from "we'd love to have you on the team" to "attached is your official offer letter" was more than a month. Not exactly the welcome wagon.

Interview Questions

• Asked general questions about my experience. They did the work to see how I would best fit in with Dow Jones.   1 Answer

Final offer was for a position below my experience. Hard to understand why they went to all the trouble and strung me along. Comp was fine, but level was off.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Casual and short, met future boss and dotted line boss

Negotiation

Easy, there was not much room for negotiating