Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.9

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by email first, exchanged with a few emails, took an online interview where coding test played the majority role. The questions were very difficult for non-top-coders. Completed the first question with great difficulty, then failed at the second one. It should be a genuine position for professional programmers and I have a lot of respect for that.

Interview Questions

• Why is your solution better than others would think of   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

The guy calls and there is not a single word of hi or hello, directly jumped on to technical questions. I couldn't last for 5 minutes...

Application Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

describing the hiring and interview process - asked a lot of technical questions by group of people during two hours technical interview.

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monmouth Junction, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Monmouth Junction, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online to DowJones directly.
    After perhaps 2 weeks I was contacted by a Talent Specialist.
    Briefly had a back and forth about Compensation and Experience.
    Another 2 weeks later I was called in for an interview.
    The interview was about 30-45 mins both the Manager & Supervisor were in the room.

After a month and a half I was contacted with an offer.

Be patient

Human Resources Rotation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First, an online application including paper and video. The second step, phone interview. The third step, one-way video interview. Fourth step, in-person interview with other finalists. Once the phone interview happened it was a very fast process. They fly you out to NY and put you up.

Interview Questions

• Favorite book; why dow jones; how previous experience would help you in this position   Answer Question

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called and set up a phone interview. After the phone interview went well, I was invited for a very long in person interview. It was about 5 people you had to have separate interviews asking the same exact questions. At the end you had to met with another person for some sort of ridiculous personality assessment. The whole thing was aggravating due to the long process for such a low paying position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through their website, created a powerpoint, as well as submitted a resume, cover letter and short essay. Heard back 3 months later and had a phone interview with HR. Was asked back for a Skype interview with manager of department I applied into. Third round interview over Skype with two executives.

Interview Questions

• How many people are eating pizza in Italy right now? Break down how you could calculate this   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Thorough. Three stages. First, a one on one with my potential Sales Director whom I would be reporting to. The second interview was with two Sales Directors and an HR Representative. This involved a role play to establish account management/sales skills over the phone.
    The final stage involved a brief interview with the Head of Sales - UK.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you showcased a high level of account management to save an account   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process here took approximately two months. I applied to my job through LinkedIn and received an invitation for a phone interview two weeks later. The recruiter and I spoke on the phone, and I came in for my in-person interview only a few days later. The interview took approximately three hours, consisting of an hour-long meeting and a skills test. I then heard nothing until about a month later, when I received my job offer over the phone.

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monmouth Junction, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Monmouth Junction, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

telephonic screen followed by manager interview - brief about experience, recent project
    followed by technical interviews. one round is very detailed technical interview like OS level questions, tricky c++ questions, basic fundamentals