Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.9

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by email first, exchanged with a few emails, took an online interview where coding test played the majority role. The questions were very difficult for non-top-coders. Completed the first question with great difficulty, then failed at the second one. It should be a genuine position for professional programmers and I have a lot of respect for that.

Interview Questions

• Why is your solution better than others would think of   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

The guy calls and there is not a single word of hi or hello, directly jumped on to technical questions. I couldn't last for 5 minutes...

Application Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

describing the hiring and interview process - asked a lot of technical questions by group of people during two hours technical interview.

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called and set up a phone interview. After the phone interview went well, I was invited for a very long in person interview. It was about 5 people you had to have separate interviews asking the same exact questions. At the end you had to met with another person for some sort of ridiculous personality assessment. The whole thing was aggravating due to the long process for such a low paying position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through their website, created a powerpoint, as well as submitted a resume, cover letter and short essay. Heard back 3 months later and had a phone interview with HR. Was asked back for a Skype interview with manager of department I applied into. Third round interview over Skype with two executives.

Interview Questions

• How many people are eating pizza in Italy right now? Break down how you could calculate this   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Thorough. Three stages. First, a one on one with my potential Sales Director whom I would be reporting to. The second interview was with two Sales Directors and an HR Representative. This involved a role play to establish account management/sales skills over the phone.
    The final stage involved a brief interview with the Head of Sales - UK.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you showcased a high level of account management to save an account   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process here took approximately two months. I applied to my job through LinkedIn and received an invitation for a phone interview two weeks later. The recruiter and I spoke on the phone, and I came in for my in-person interview only a few days later. The interview took approximately three hours, consisting of an hour-long meeting and a skills test. I then heard nothing until about a month later, when I received my job offer over the phone.

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monmouth Junction, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Monmouth Junction, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

telephonic screen followed by manager interview - brief about experience, recent project
    followed by technical interviews. one round is very detailed technical interview like OS level questions, tricky c++ questions, basic fundamentals

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Got the call about a couple of months after I applied for the position online. Swift phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview and written test. A month or so later, got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How I would integrate a group or a team with individuals from various countries and backgrounds and get the best out of them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

OK. Not much wriggle room for pay negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones in September 2013.

Interview

Initial Phone interview with HR followed by a second one with a global manager in the US. Invited to 2 more rounds of face-to-face interviews on site. On site skills test included a role play with a team member - you have to serve an unhappy customer over the phone to demonstrate your handle a difficult situation

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Dow Jones and products? Tell me about your self and experience? Tell me about your experience when you went extra mile to exceed a customer's expectation? Role-play type skills test.   Answer Question