Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Jones Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in June 2017.

Interview

First round: Hirevue Interview, it's a video recorded interview. Usually asks some general HR questions like reasons for applying for Dow Jones and sales.
    Second round: Group Interview, meet with directors and managers (group case analysis included)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

This was third time I was asked to come in for an interview. Met with two professionals, standard interview questions. Then took 90 minute research test. Then silence, three times I was told position was put on hold. Very unprofessional way to conduct hiring. I don’t understand what they were trying to accomplish. I was asked back the second time because I interviewed so highly according to HR professional.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews total. First interview mainly asked about my experiences as web developer. Asked to show some of my past works.

Second interview was a coding interview, was ask about a binary tree type questions. interviewer nice enough to guide me through it.

News Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Lots of time spent discussing the industry and experience with careful consideration to culture fit. We met several times over a few months and ensured I had the skills necessary to do the job well.

Interview Questions

• What do you want from an editor?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Initially, I had a positive interview process. I was contacted by a recruiter a couple weeks after I applied to the position online. I had an initial screening interview with the recruiter & he forwarded my information over to the actual team that I was applying for. After about a week & a half, he told me that the team was interested in meeting with me in person. I met in person with two members of the team on a Monday & the interview went well. I was then contacted again by the recruiter the next day & he informed me that they wanted me to come back in the office on that Friday. I came in & met with the director and another associate on the team. This interview was a bit longer & in-depth. They asked more skill/personality-based questions. I sent a thank you e-mail to the recruiter and the director after meeting with them (as I had throughout the entire process) & never received any type of response or feedback. It is now almost two months later & I am at a new job, but I think it's very rude and unprofessional to meet someone in person multiple times and not even let them know whether or not they got the position --- especially because their communication with me was initially consistent.

Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Barcelona (Spain)) in September 2017.

Interview

They checked my CV and liked it so I had a phone interview. Very straightforward and simple, basic questions about my suitability for the role. It lasted about 15-20 mins. Then I was offered a spot on the test.

Second stage was an exam that quite tough because of the deadlines. Essentially and aptitude and skill-based test. After 4 weeks they sent me an email that they I hadn't passed the test. Marking is quite strict.

Research Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. Applied online and received email for interview. Waited another 1 week for the result. The recruiter called and told me my application and interview are successful. I have got the job offer.

Cloud Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Has 2 rounds 1st was HR interview with basic questions about the company Whats the company about their products, how they used in the market. Then asked questions regarding myself, What projects, cloud backup, performance evaluation of the system, data migration

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Barcelona (Spain)) in August 2017.

Interview

First contacted by phone by HR department. Two person panel. Friendly. Competency based interview in which they required specific answers using the STAR technique. Also a brief language test and roleplays

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond in your last job.   Answer Question

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dow Jones (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

This was the first round telephone interview. Quite an informal interview. The role was and team was described to me in greater detail. Questions were asked mainly around my CV experience and then my answers were further probed into.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you look for in the team you work in?   Answer Question