Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Jones Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I interviewed at Dow Jones (Barcelona (Spain)) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a telephonic interview with the Director of the team first. After the call, I was immediately invited for an interview a few days later. The interview involved working on a basic case study. I was the interviewed by the Director and two Managers.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Jones (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very Basic telephone interview. Introduction to the role and the requirements, how long the role had been live, what stage they were at. What the expectations were for the role, who it would report in to. What the current structure looked like.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your experience?
      What do you know about us?   1 Answer

Content Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

It was a brief phone conversation with HR to go over the job requirements and what's involved.

Moving from that stage, there was a phone interview with the manager and director of the content group. This stage involves going over the resume in depth, and the main points of the job. With questions from both sides, it lasted from 30-45 minutes.

Afterward, there was an in person interview with the manager and director again. This was a very in depth but natural conversation about previous work experiences with questions covering various scenarios. Lasted about 1-1 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you experienced a failure in your previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone call with someone in HR that lasted about 10 minutes, and was fairly simple. Then I had a second call with someone in the department, which was also straightforward. She asked me about my background and what interested me in the position. Then she said that she would like to schedule an in-person interview in the next week. I went in one week later, and the interview lasted about two hours, 1.5 hours for a research and writing test, and .5 hours of interviewing with 2 people. It was straightforward. I haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a different opinion than a co-worker.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

First stage - brief call with a US-based recruiter who had no clue about the role or the company. Second stage - face to face with the hiring manager which was a very pleasant and relaxed chat. The hiring manager seemed to be quite keen on my candidacy and said the recruiter would get back to me to arrange the face to face interview with a more senior manager. I never heard back from the recruiter, even after two follow-up emails. Incredibly unprofessional and a very poor representation of such a strong name in the financial markets. Sack your recruiters or train them how to do their job professionally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job about 4.5 weeks ago and got a response from the hiring recruiter a week after I had applied. (I would say around March 22nd was when I submitted my application). I had a phone call with the recruiter that lasted around 15 minutes asking me general questions on my resume and my skill set and he had then recommended me to speak with hiring manager(s) the following week over the phone.
    The hiring managers came about 1.5 hours late after the scheduled phone conversation which I was ok about; but only 1 out of the two names mentioned spoke with me. It was again general questions about my resume, why I applied for the position etc. The individual then suggested me to the final round of the interview process which is an in person interview with a research test after.
    I am grateful that they were able to accommodate me on short notice. In the in person interview, it was with the hiring manager and another individual asking me in-depth resume questions and questions of my background + job scenario questions. The research test took around 1.5 hours to complete.
    They said the hiring process would be quick from there but it's been two weeks since I've gotten a legitimate response. I've contacted the hiring recruiter in regards to this and the individual had mentioned the two people who are to give the final decision were out of town last week and are catching up on emails...
    UPDATE:
    After over 2 weeks (the total process being one month) -- I received a mail from my hiring recruiter apologizing for the delay and stating they extended the offer to another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience as an editor?
      What kind of research tools have you used?   Answer Question

Research Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

A translation test followed by a simple research test followed by a panel interview after 2 days..most of the interview questions were about my previous experience and situational interview questions.

Interview Questions

• State a situation where you were frustrated from a colleague at your work.   Answer Question

Professional Information Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in May 2016.

Interview

Video interview (ard 5mins), then final interview consists of self intro, group game, news reading. It was an inspiring interview which makes you learn a lot. But they only hired 1 intern this year.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Dow Jones? Describe a time on how you overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called and set up a phone interview. After the phone interview went well, I was invited for a very long in person interview. It was about 5 people you had to have separate interviews asking the same exact questions. At the end you had to met with another person for some sort of ridiculous personality assessment. The whole thing was aggravating due to the long process for such a low paying position.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Series of interviews with hiring leader and others on the team. Mostly behavioral interview questions, some drilling into specific skills and experiences. Interview process seemed a little junior to the position but not crazy. After about three weeks and four interviews was told the division head would be the next, and presumably final, meeting. After that...radio silence. Neither the hiring leader nor HR ever closed the loop. More than six weeks later one final email got a response. Turns out they lost funding for the role. I was asked if I would consider a part time consulting role instead of the FT director job. Felt very unprofessional. Yuck.

Interview Questions

• Range of behavior questions ("tell me about a time when..." and skills.   Answer Question