Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got contacted 3 months after my application. Had 2 rounds of interviews, both on the phone. Normal interview questions, mostly about resume and behavioural. Pretty conversational, it was great.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Simple and conversational interview. Definitely seemed like they just wanted to ensure competence and fit. About 15 minutes over Google Hangout. HR made the hiring process rather stress-free and enjoyable compared to others

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in finance?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through linkedin. I got an email from the talent recruiter to set up a phone interview. Then a phone interview with the editors from the team. Then an in-person interview. After the interview I received a job offer

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Series of interviews with hiring leader and others on the team. Mostly behavioral interview questions, some drilling into specific skills and experiences. Interview process seemed a little junior to the position but not crazy. After about three weeks and four interviews was told the division head would be the next, and presumably final, meeting. After that...radio silence. Neither the hiring leader nor HR ever closed the loop. More than six weeks later one final email got a response. Turns out they lost funding for the role. I was asked if I would consider a part time consulting role instead of the FT director job. Felt very unprofessional. Yuck.

Interview Questions

• Range of behavior questions ("tell me about a time when..." and skills.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones in November 2015.

Interview

It started with a screening interview with HR recruiter. Then I had a Google Hangout interview with two hiring managers. The interview was friendly with behavioral questions. Be sure to prepare some stories about your successes that demonstrate your strengths.

Interview Questions

• What recent professional accomplishment are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job on a Friday and the following Thursday someone from the HR department called me saying my background looked good and that the manager wanted to set up a phone interview with me as well. I spoke with him the next day and a few hours later the girl from HR said the manager and director of the department wanted to meet with me the following Wednesday. I was there with the manager for an hour and I was waiting to speak to the director before the manager told me she was away on business. I thanked him for meeting with me but unfortunately he never gave me a business card. I sent the girl from HR a thank you email and a following email and she never answered. I think that is a little rude. It's been almost 3 weeks and I still haven't heard a word from the company. I wish they could at least answer an email.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Monmouth Junction, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Basic technical phone interview followed by an in person interview at their office with a technical employee and manager. Technical questions were similar to phone interview, manager pressed fairly about previous experience with projects. Employees were friendly and helpful during the interview, but two weeks since have not gotten back to me about the offer.

Interview Questions

• Given the hour and minute, find the smaller angle between the minute hand and hour hand on a 12 hour analogue clock.   1 Answer

Research Editor, Special Lists Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Monmouth Junction, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen, and then two days later I was contacted about an in-person interview for the following week. For the in-person interview, one person was on a video conference from London, and the other manager was in the room with me. Most of the interview wasn’t too difficult. They seemed turned off by the fact that my jobs had been contract roles, but I informed the recruiter of that in the phone screen. I was told I would find out in two weeks. I waited two weeks, and I didn’t hear anything. I then emailed the hr recruiter about my status, but she didn’t respond to my email.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a sensitive person?

Discuss a time when a co-worker frustrated you.

To end the interview, I was asked to tell them three things about me that I haven't discussed so far in the interview that would help them in determining if they should hire me.   Answer Question

Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied in June, heard back within 2-3 weeks. Had a phone interview with an HR hiring rep, then a second phone interview with a manager in my department and the head of my department, then an in person interview with a second manager in my department and the head of the department. Real simple, no trick questions. They were genuinely interested in my experiences and how I would fit with the team. After the in-person interview, there were two exercises (research related and then language skills related), to test my research skills and my foreign language skills. I was a bit worried about the language skills one because I'm not 100% fluent in my second language, but it was really straightforward.

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I've always wanted to work for Dow Jones but was extremely disappointed after my interview. The benefits were good but the salary was terrible! I'm shocked when company with such a great reputation would pay an embarrassing low salary. The HR manager actually tried to convince me the benefits compensate for the salary. No thank you!