Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.9

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Got a call from HR to schedule an interview. Went to the midtown office for the interview which lasted 30 minutes and went wonderful. At the end of the interview I asked when I should expect a call to know if I got the position and was told it would be a week. It's been a month now and still no word on the status. I've called the HR recruiter multiple times yet no response. Very disappointed in the way things are being handled as I'm still waiting for a decision after 4+ weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called and set up a phone interview. After the phone interview went well, I was invited for a very long in person interview. It was about 5 people you had to have separate interviews asking the same exact questions. At the end you had to met with another person for some sort of ridiculous personality assessment. The whole thing was aggravating due to the long process for such a low paying position.

Human Resources Leadership Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

Where do you see social media and HR headed?

Make a video of yourself (Feel free to be creative!)- Don't. They don't care that much about creative. Just make it news related.

Video Interview- pretty basic. All video questions from what I can remember.

For a company offering an HRLDP, how can you expect to develop HR candidates when your HR practices are not up to par?

Interview Questions

• Favorite Book? Behavioral questions. What do you know about Dow Jones?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

After the initial application, I was emailed to do an online interview. I did the Online video interview, which was simple. However, I wished I had heads up on what to expect. I was nervous that I won't do well and under answered the questions because they were timed responses. I prefer the in person questions to that method, honestly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the response was actually pretty quick. Within the week I received an email requesting a phone interview. It was a brief discussion about my skills and what I know about the company. Pretty usual. The next morning I got a call at 9:00 am to informe I was invited to the facility for a live interview. I was emailed the details. The campus is beautiful and organized with a daycare on site. Also there is a coffee shop and frozen yogurt stand. All of the employees looked quite happy and relaxed. The interview began with a ten minute writing assessment followed by two face to face interview with two different pairs of managers, all of whom were extremely gracious and warm. I felt very welcome there. It ended with a brief role play session with the customer experience manager, a bubbly British man, who was also very warm and welcoming. Although it was probably the most intense interview I've ever sat through, it was very organized and informative and gave a wonderful impression of how the company works. The interview was today and I was informed they are hiring quickly and all applicants will receive a call by the end of the week with a decision. I am very eager to know if I've been considered.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

It was a phone interview. And there was an online test. They send you a link and you can give test at home. The test is to test your technical knowledge The test was for about 2 hours and it was very difficult.

Product Technologist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Very poor hiring practices. I got an interview from the campus recruiting event. I met 4 people from different teams working on the same product. I got asked questions related to what I listed on my resume. They asked me some stuff about design patterns and asked me to draw out the complete architecture of one of the complex projects I worked on. Then, one of the guys made me write some code which was pretty straightforward for any CS student. I got called for final interviews a month later for which I had to meet the director who gave me a verbal offer in 2 minutes. Basically, the director just wanted to meet me and he told me I would hear back from the HR.

For a week, no response from the HR. Then, I hear back from her saying I will hear back again in a week or so. This was in October and today is January and I never heard back from them. I tried calling them and emailed them as well but I never got any response. This is the most unprofessional thing I've seen in my entire life. In fact, I wasted about a month thinking I'd get my official offer letter and I'm all set. If they were planning to take this long or even decline me, they could just say it so I'd stop waiting for it.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter followed by phone interview followed by in-person interview. Recruiter called to cancel interview the day before the scheduled interview date because the team was "in flux". A month later, the recruiter emails me again and schedules another in-person interview. Took the day off to travel to NYC out of pocket, and chatted with team for an hour. Interview went well. Never heard from them again—though, to be honest, the thought of working next door to Fox News made me queasy anyway.

Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones in November 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call and listened to a 30-minute introduction on Dow Jones. And last, he asked if I have any question to ask. And, that's it. I was told to wait for the email.

Research Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a week later. I interviewed with the recruiter for about 25 minutes and she set up a phone interview with the appropriate people for the following week. My phone interview seemed to go well and at the end, they asked if I would be willing or able to come into their office for an in-person interview in the next week or two. I said yes and they said they would be in touch. It's been 4+ weeks now and not a word. No response to my email from their recruiter either. While I recognize that HR employees are busy, it's unprofessional to leave candidates hanging for weeks without any update. A 'no' is always appreciated over silence. I know it's an employers market out there right now but being disrespectful to your candidates reflects poorly on the company and will hinder your ability in the future to attract top talent.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty typical, nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question