Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.9

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Washington, DC).

Interview

Typical questions for an interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate at all because I was young and stupid :/

Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2013.

Interview

I have been set up a conference interview instead of go to company office since I come back my hometown. Interview was 1h30m long which questions are quite simple, more focus on working skill than working attitude and how to handle workload, also how to handle with drama and co-worker. A lot of Tell me the time when you are ... question :)

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Rude, unorganized, unprofessional. Got stood up on phone interview. Hunted down recruiter after 15 min. She got back saying the interviewer will call ASAP. AN HOUR PASSED! Recruiter went MIA. Finally got a barely apologetic email not accepting blame & reschedule info. New Call: Interviewer was 25 min late.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions asked by asinine hiring managers. They want to know why you want the position, what news you consume and what Dow Jones products you know of such as Wall Street Journal etc.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones in November 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with US, face to face interview with local manager and manager from UK.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a number within a min - max range and was given the mid value in between.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Ithaca, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Very nice - I was interviewed by two interviewers who asked me technical questions (I studied up on finance before it but they only asked technical questions) They asked me to go through my resume and asked about a few things and I gave them a demo of some of the sites I worked on. They asked me a few pretty simple algorithm questions - how to find the missing number in a consecutive sequence missing one number. The algorithms were very simple and I thought they were a bit easily impressed. They also asked a few non-algorithmic programming question which I did not know but it was easy to talk myself out of it. Great interview overall - they make you feel comfortable and valued.

Interview Questions

• How does instant chat work? How is it implemented?   1 Answer

I have not decided yet actually. waiting to hear back form a few other places

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

submit resume during campus career fair, got a campus interview on the second day, 30 minutes' talk and 15 minutes' coding test.

Ad Layout Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Monmouth Junction, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position and I received an email for an interview 3 days later. I went for the interview that week and it seemed to go really well. I had to go through security but all that went smoothly. We talked for about an hour about what the job would include and he showed me examples of the work I would be doing. I was confident and showed interest in the position. He never told me one bad thing or inferred in any way that I wouldn't be a good fit. He even told me that he had only one other person to interview for the position and that he would be making a decision next week. Sadly, I did not receive a phone call offering me the position so I called the HR department at the end of the following week to find out that I did not get offered the position.

Interview Questions

• He didn't really ask me any questions. It was more of an hour long conversation about the position. I had a bunch of questions prepared that kept the conversations flowing.   Answer Question

Java Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was really simple 1 phone interview followed my face to face interview
    They asked very basic OO concepts in the telephonic interview
    face to face interview was more coding related and case specific with some white board coding.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected in fact is was much easier than expected.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviews were short, equal amounts selling me on Dow Jones and asking about my skills and experience. But the interview process was the easy part. Working my way through the offer and recruiting process was excruciating. Very hard to pin them down on offer details. They seemed as worried I would say no and interested in getting me to say yes. Going from "we'd love to have you on the team" to "attached is your official offer letter" was more than a month. Not exactly the welcome wagon.

Interview Questions

• Asked general questions about my experience. They did the work to see how I would best fit in with Dow Jones.   1 Answer

Final offer was for a position below my experience. Hard to understand why they went to all the trouble and strung me along. Comp was fine, but level was off.

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I've always wanted to work for Dow Jones but was extremely disappointed after my interview. The benefits were good but the salary was terrible! I'm shocked when company with such a great reputation would pay an embarrassing low salary. The HR manager actually tried to convince me the benefits compensate for the salary. No thank you!