Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Jones Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed by a recruiter in NYC to set up a phone interview. After a phone interview I had an interview with the hiring manager. I was told after a 45 minute interview that they were probably hiring internally. Approximately 2 months after that interview, the recruiter in NYC called back again and we played phone tag. The recruiter did not answer emails and did not once ever answer the phone. To this day, I have no idea if she was going to make an offer or why she called so long after the interview. At one point I was calling on a daily basis to try and catch her on the phone. It was a very unprofessional and bizarre experience to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on experience, managerial style, behavioral   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process here took approximately two months. I applied to my job through LinkedIn and received an invitation for a phone interview two weeks later. The recruiter and I spoke on the phone, and I came in for my in-person interview only a few days later. The interview took approximately three hours, consisting of an hour-long meeting and a skills test. I then heard nothing until about a month later, when I received my job offer over the phone.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

In one of the rare instances, people come across as human and ask tough questions in a polite and dignified manner. People are kind and make up for the relatively low pay in comparison to rivals.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in this job?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Casual and short, met future boss and dotted line boss

Negotiation

Easy, there was not much room for negotiating

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

I had applied for a different position and spoken with the recruiter on the phone. That position didn't come through, but the recruiter called me weeks later about another position. They quickly set up a phone interview with the hiring manager, which went well. I was called in the next week for a personal interview with the recruiter and then with a team member. The team member asked several specific technical questions and explained that it was not for specific answers but so that they could see how I thought through to a solution.

Interview Questions

• How to find the cause of a slow page load in a web site, focusing on all avenues to rule out specific bottlenecks and response lags.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy, but the verification and background check took weeks.

Human Resources Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Phone Interview went well--asked basic questions. Then was offered a digital interview.

Ad Layout Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Monmouth Junction, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position and I received an email for an interview 3 days later. I went for the interview that week and it seemed to go really well. I had to go through security but all that went smoothly. We talked for about an hour about what the job would include and he showed me examples of the work I would be doing. I was confident and showed interest in the position. He never told me one bad thing or inferred in any way that I wouldn't be a good fit. He even told me that he had only one other person to interview for the position and that he would be making a decision next week. Sadly, I did not receive a phone call offering me the position so I called the HR department at the end of the following week to find out that I did not get offered the position.

Interview Questions

• He didn't really ask me any questions. It was more of an hour long conversation about the position. I had a bunch of questions prepared that kept the conversations flowing.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Process took months after initial phone interview. I was brought back several times and interviewed with several people over the course of several months. HR outline salary parameters during the course of the first phone interview asking if I was willing to accept this at a minimum. As it turned out, HR misled me for months and during the offer stated they were unable to met the stated salary due to budget restraints. Very dishonest.

Interview Questions

• Very interested in management style and handling of various personalities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The process was months in the making and HR backed off from the original offer which I felt was extremely dishonest and unprofessional. At this point, I had been in the process for months and accepted the position with a caveat of a full salary review after one year of successful employment.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very short and was only two brief phones calls. The first call was with my to-be immediate supervisor. The second call was with her supervisor. Both were about 15-30 minutes and covered similar material.

Interview Questions

• Can you prioritize tasks effectively?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Be able to show your prospecting skills, cold calling, social networking, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted good starting salary.