Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Jones Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.9

Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones in April 2015.

Interview

Met recruiters at the career fair, but had to apply online. 2 phone interviews, one HR and one with the manager and 1 interview through HireVue. The HR recruiter and the manager were very nice and friendly, but I didn't like HireVue.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Entire process took about 6 weeks, had hr interview then dept manager, they asked many questions. Very nice and down to earth people. Be patients I got a call few weeks later when I applied I didn't even remember that I applied for that position. Even after the interview I had to call HR to follow up. It's a union place so ask lots of questions before accepting the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through their website, created a powerpoint, as well as submitted a resume, cover letter and short essay. Heard back 3 months later and had a phone interview with HR. Was asked back for a Skype interview with manager of department I applied into. Third round interview over Skype with two executives.

Interview Questions

• How many people are eating pizza in Italy right now? Break down how you could calculate this   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

It was a phone interview. And there was an online test. They send you a link and you can give test at home. The test is to test your technical knowledge The test was for about 2 hours and it was very difficult.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews, answered some questions about myself and why I was interested in the job. Very relaxed interviewers. Also had to submit a powerpoint or video talking about research.

Interview Questions

• What superpower would you want and why?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Quite standard- talked to a recruiter over phone and interviewed with managers over skype (was abroad then) after a week. No tricky or behavioral questions, just "tell me about yourself" questions along with resume specific clarifications. Received an offer about a week after and accepted it.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviews were short, equal amounts selling me on Dow Jones and asking about my skills and experience. But the interview process was the easy part. Working my way through the offer and recruiting process was excruciating. Very hard to pin them down on offer details. They seemed as worried I would say no and interested in getting me to say yes. Going from "we'd love to have you on the team" to "attached is your official offer letter" was more than a month. Not exactly the welcome wagon.

Interview Questions

• Asked general questions about my experience. They did the work to see how I would best fit in with Dow Jones.   1 Answer

Final offer was for a position below my experience. Hard to understand why they went to all the trouble and strung me along. Comp was fine, but level was off.

Product Technologist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Very poor hiring practices. I got an interview from the campus recruiting event. I met 4 people from different teams working on the same product. I got asked questions related to what I listed on my resume. They asked me some stuff about design patterns and asked me to draw out the complete architecture of one of the complex projects I worked on. Then, one of the guys made me write some code which was pretty straightforward for any CS student. I got called for final interviews a month later for which I had to meet the director who gave me a verbal offer in 2 minutes. Basically, the director just wanted to meet me and he told me I would hear back from the HR.

For a week, no response from the HR. Then, I hear back from her saying I will hear back again in a week or so. This was in October and today is January and I never heard back from them. I tried calling them and emailed them as well but I never got any response. This is the most unprofessional thing I've seen in my entire life. In fact, I wasted about a month thinking I'd get my official offer letter and I'm all set. If they were planning to take this long or even decline me, they could just say it so I'd stop waiting for it.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter followed by phone interview followed by in-person interview. Recruiter called to cancel interview the day before the scheduled interview date because the team was "in flux". A month later, the recruiter emails me again and schedules another in-person interview. Took the day off to travel to NYC out of pocket, and chatted with team for an hour. Interview went well. Never heard from them again—though, to be honest, the thought of working next door to Fox News made me queasy anyway.

Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones in November 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call and listened to a 30-minute introduction on Dow Jones. And last, he asked if I have any question to ask. And, that's it. I was told to wait for the email.