Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Jones Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.9

Telesales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

FIrst, I had a telephone interview with the recruitment head. She asked me a few questions testing my knowledge of the sales process and broadly my experience. After the initial interview, she arranged a face-to-face interview with my (then) boss and he asked me a few questions about my experience. I passed that interview and was told that for the next interview I had to prepare a presentation which involved pitching a Dow Jones product over the phone with the aim of securing a meeting. On the same day I was told of the outcome.

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2013.

Interview

There will be a written test to test your language ability for the position before the face-to-face interview. It asked me to read articles in the target languages and the articles are normally business news and to answer in English. Some other positions require you write in the target language other than English.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate which I regretted and I heard from others who were at the same level as me and without working experience earned 300 dollar more than me per month. So I believe you could negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews, answered some questions about myself and why I was interested in the job. Very relaxed interviewers. Also had to submit a powerpoint or video talking about research.

Interview Questions

• What superpower would you want and why?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job on a Friday and the following Thursday someone from the HR department called me saying my background looked good and that the manager wanted to set up a phone interview with me as well. I spoke with him the next day and a few hours later the girl from HR said the manager and director of the department wanted to meet with me the following Wednesday. I was there with the manager for an hour and I was waiting to speak to the director before the manager told me she was away on business. I thanked him for meeting with me but unfortunately he never gave me a business card. I sent the girl from HR a thank you email and a following email and she never answered. I think that is a little rude. It's been almost 3 weeks and I still haven't heard a word from the company. I wish they could at least answer an email.

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. Direct report, vp and director. Everyone seemed pretty nice during the interview. The interview process took a few months however the waiting took SIX months before an offer was given to me. Company was a mess due to a change in the CEO, new product/platform release, etc. Did not feel like the people interviewing me enjoyed working there especially with all the changes going on. Low and behold, two of them don't even work there anymore. One went to Salesforce and the other went to a competitor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Dow Jones (other then the stock market)?   1 Answer

WOW, this company is so disorganized. They told me I got the job but that they were going through a reorganization and that it would take a few months before the offer would come. They dragged it on for SIX months. I had to call every month since they NEVER called or emailed me first during those six months. I FINALLY got a call and was told an offer was being sent over. By then, I already got another offer and I was 3 months into the new job so I told them I would not be interested in joining their disorganized organization.

Through this ridiculous process, I realized I would never want to work for the woman who I would be reporting to. No follow up, forgetful and clearly someone that wouldn't have your back if need be as a supervisor.

Glad I took the other job.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very short and was only two brief phones calls. The first call was with my to-be immediate supervisor. The second call was with her supervisor. Both were about 15-30 minutes and covered similar material.

Interview Questions

• Can you prioritize tasks effectively?   1 Answer

Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2012.

Interview

It was a systematic and fair. First there was a one hour written test. Then there was oral round were I was asked basic questions about myself, my experience and how I would deal with various situations at workplace. Within a week I was hired. Overall it took two weeks.

Interview Questions

• There was a current news article about some latest political development in India which I was required to translate into English. Besides, there were basic general knowledge questions and also an article from which I had to collect facts for putting in a database.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones in June 2016.

Interview

I have got two online video interviews in total and am offered a face to face interview in a month. The video interview comprises 6 questions and 2 writing tasks.

Data Strategy Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Barcelona (Spain)) in April 2016.

Interview

First an online video interview, 10 preset questions, several rounds of practices before real interview.

Then go to the office for team presentations and two rounds of individual interviews each with a team manager, lasting for about 2 hours.

It is a general background and competitiveness interview, they did not require business suits, just smart casual.

Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied in June, heard back within 2-3 weeks. Had a phone interview with an HR hiring rep, then a second phone interview with a manager in my department and the head of my department, then an in person interview with a second manager in my department and the head of the department. Real simple, no trick questions. They were genuinely interested in my experiences and how I would fit with the team. After the in-person interview, there were two exercises (research related and then language skills related), to test my research skills and my foreign language skills. I was a bit worried about the language skills one because I'm not 100% fluent in my second language, but it was really straightforward.