Dow Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Jones Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Casual and short, met future boss and dotted line boss

Negotiation

Easy, there was not much room for negotiating

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

I had applied for a different position and spoken with the recruiter on the phone. That position didn't come through, but the recruiter called me weeks later about another position. They quickly set up a phone interview with the hiring manager, which went well. I was called in the next week for a personal interview with the recruiter and then with a team member. The team member asked several specific technical questions and explained that it was not for specific answers but so that they could see how I thought through to a solution.

Interview Questions

• How to find the cause of a slow page load in a web site, focusing on all avenues to rule out specific bottlenecks and response lags.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy, but the verification and background check took weeks.

Human Resources Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Phone Interview went well--asked basic questions. Then was offered a digital interview.

Ad Layout Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Monmouth Junction, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position and I received an email for an interview 3 days later. I went for the interview that week and it seemed to go really well. I had to go through security but all that went smoothly. We talked for about an hour about what the job would include and he showed me examples of the work I would be doing. I was confident and showed interest in the position. He never told me one bad thing or inferred in any way that I wouldn't be a good fit. He even told me that he had only one other person to interview for the position and that he would be making a decision next week. Sadly, I did not receive a phone call offering me the position so I called the HR department at the end of the following week to find out that I did not get offered the position.

Interview Questions

• He didn't really ask me any questions. It was more of an hour long conversation about the position. I had a bunch of questions prepared that kept the conversations flowing.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Process took months after initial phone interview. I was brought back several times and interviewed with several people over the course of several months. HR outline salary parameters during the course of the first phone interview asking if I was willing to accept this at a minimum. As it turned out, HR misled me for months and during the offer stated they were unable to met the stated salary due to budget restraints. Very dishonest.

Interview Questions

• Very interested in management style and handling of various personalities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The process was months in the making and HR backed off from the original offer which I felt was extremely dishonest and unprofessional. At this point, I had been in the process for months and accepted the position with a caveat of a full salary review after one year of successful employment.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very short and was only two brief phones calls. The first call was with my to-be immediate supervisor. The second call was with her supervisor. Both were about 15-30 minutes and covered similar material.

Interview Questions

• Can you prioritize tasks effectively?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Be able to show your prospecting skills, cold calling, social networking, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted good starting salary.

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

The in-person interviewer who was the hiring manager was very professional and personable, and provided a good picture of the position and asked good questions relating to my experience, etc. The process was comfortable and the general tone of the interview was conversational. The offices were very impressive. Overall a good experience and I left with a positive impression of the company and people.

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. Direct report, vp and director. Everyone seemed pretty nice during the interview. The interview process took a few months however the waiting took SIX months before an offer was given to me. Company was a mess due to a change in the CEO, new product/platform release, etc. Did not feel like the people interviewing me enjoyed working there especially with all the changes going on. Low and behold, two of them don't even work there anymore. One went to Salesforce and the other went to a competitor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Dow Jones (other then the stock market)?   1 Answer

WOW, this company is so disorganized. They told me I got the job but that they were going through a reorganization and that it would take a few months before the offer would come. They dragged it on for SIX months. I had to call every month since they NEVER called or emailed me first during those six months. I FINALLY got a call and was told an offer was being sent over. By then, I already got another offer and I was 3 months into the new job so I told them I would not be interested in joining their disorganized organization.

Through this ridiculous process, I realized I would never want to work for the woman who I would be reporting to. No follow up, forgetful and clearly someone that wouldn't have your back if need be as a supervisor.

Glad I took the other job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

A phone interview was followed by an interview at the beautiful NYC office. It was relaxed, and took place with only one interviewer - the head of department. It lasted around 20 minutes and I was told of my success the same day.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a challenging customer interaction in the past? How would you change what you did now, looking back on it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I don't think this starting position is negotiable.