Dow Jones Research Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Jones Research Editor Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone call with someone in HR that lasted about 10 minutes, and was fairly simple. Then I had a second call with someone in the department, which was also straightforward. She asked me about my background and what interested me in the position. Then she said that she would like to schedule an in-person interview in the next week. I went in one week later, and the interview lasted about two hours, 1.5 hours for a research and writing test, and .5 hours of interviewing with 2 people. It was straightforward. I haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a different opinion than a co-worker.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Jones

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job about 4.5 weeks ago and got a response from the hiring recruiter a week after I had applied. (I would say around March 22nd was when I submitted my application). I had a phone call with the recruiter that lasted around 15 minutes asking me general questions on my resume and my skill set and he had then recommended me to speak with hiring manager(s) the following week over the phone.
    The hiring managers came about 1.5 hours late after the scheduled phone conversation which I was ok about; but only 1 out of the two names mentioned spoke with me. It was again general questions about my resume, why I applied for the position etc. The individual then suggested me to the final round of the interview process which is an in person interview with a research test after.
    I am grateful that they were able to accommodate me on short notice. In the in person interview, it was with the hiring manager and another individual asking me in-depth resume questions and questions of my background + job scenario questions. The research test took around 1.5 hours to complete.
    They said the hiring process would be quick from there but it's been two weeks since I've gotten a legitimate response. I've contacted the hiring recruiter in regards to this and the individual had mentioned the two people who are to give the final decision were out of town last week and are catching up on emails...
    UPDATE:
    After over 2 weeks (the total process being one month) -- I received a mail from my hiring recruiter apologizing for the delay and stating they extended the offer to another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience as an editor?
      What kind of research tools have you used?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied in June, heard back within 2-3 weeks. Had a phone interview with an HR hiring rep, then a second phone interview with a manager in my department and the head of my department, then an in person interview with a second manager in my department and the head of the department. Real simple, no trick questions. They were genuinely interested in my experiences and how I would fit with the team. After the in-person interview, there were two exercises (research related and then language skills related), to test my research skills and my foreign language skills. I was a bit worried about the language skills one because I'm not 100% fluent in my second language, but it was really straightforward.

Research Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Submitted application online and was contacted by a recruiter about 1 week later to set up a phone interview. Had an informal talk with the recruiter about the position, stuff on my resume, etc. At the end of the interview she said she'd like to set up a phone interview with the team. Had the phone interview with the team 2 weeks later and at the end they invited me for an in person interview at the office. I went to the office interview 1 week later. This interview consisted of an in person interview with 2 members of the team where they asked basic questions about my background and why I was interested in the position. There was then a written test with a research assignment. Offered the position one week later.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better qualified than the other applicants?   Answer Question

Research Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a week later. I interviewed with the recruiter for about 25 minutes and she set up a phone interview with the appropriate people for the following week. My phone interview seemed to go well and at the end, they asked if I would be willing or able to come into their office for an in-person interview in the next week or two. I said yes and they said they would be in touch. It's been 4+ weeks now and not a word. No response to my email from their recruiter either. While I recognize that HR employees are busy, it's unprofessional to leave candidates hanging for weeks without any update. A 'no' is always appreciated over silence. I know it's an employers market out there right now but being disrespectful to your candidates reflects poorly on the company and will hinder your ability in the future to attract top talent.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty typical, nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Research Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

A translation test followed by a simple research test followed by a panel interview after 2 days..most of the interview questions were about my previous experience and situational interview questions.

Interview Questions

• State a situation where you were frustrated from a colleague at your work.   Answer Question

Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2015.

Interview

the process took really long. i was asked to go down for a translation test 1.5 months after i applied. the test itself was okay, took about 1 hour and i had to translate 2 texts into english.

Research Editor Interview

Interview

after a week of submitting application form through the online. I get the phone called from the company and set up the conference interview. Since, I went back to my home country.. There are three sections of interview's process (Asking personal detail, giving scenario, research test) . Total time spend approximately 3 hours including test

Ps, the questions for interview are very general and follow the logic...
    I did not get this job but they are very professional to inform after your following up email.

Interview Questions

• How you going to cope with the high volume of information?   Answer Question

Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2013.

Interview

I have been set up a conference interview instead of go to company office since I come back my hometown. Interview was 1h30m long which questions are quite simple, more focus on working skill than working attitude and how to handle workload, also how to handle with drama and co-worker. A lot of Tell me the time when you are ... question :)

Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2012.

Interview

It was a systematic and fair. First there was a one hour written test. Then there was oral round were I was asked basic questions about myself, my experience and how I would deal with various situations at workplace. Within a week I was hired. Overall it took two weeks.

Interview Questions

• There was a current news article about some latest political development in India which I was required to translate into English. Besides, there were basic general knowledge questions and also an article from which I had to collect facts for putting in a database.   Answer Question