Dow Jones Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got contacted 3 months after my application. Had 2 rounds of interviews, both on the phone. Normal interview questions, mostly about resume and behavioural. Pretty conversational, it was great.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews, answered some questions about myself and why I was interested in the job. Very relaxed interviewers. Also had to submit a powerpoint or video talking about research.

Interview Questions

• What superpower would you want and why?   1 Answer

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. Direct report, vp and director. Everyone seemed pretty nice during the interview. The interview process took a few months however the waiting took SIX months before an offer was given to me. Company was a mess due to a change in the CEO, new product/platform release, etc. Did not feel like the people interviewing me enjoyed working there especially with all the changes going on. Low and behold, two of them don't even work there anymore. One went to Salesforce and the other went to a competitor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Dow Jones (other then the stock market)?   1 Answer

WOW, this company is so disorganized. They told me I got the job but that they were going through a reorganization and that it would take a few months before the offer would come. They dragged it on for SIX months. I had to call every month since they NEVER called or emailed me first during those six months. I FINALLY got a call and was told an offer was being sent over. By then, I already got another offer and I was 3 months into the new job so I told them I would not be interested in joining their disorganized organization.

Through this ridiculous process, I realized I would never want to work for the woman who I would be reporting to. No follow up, forgetful and clearly someone that wouldn't have your back if need be as a supervisor.

Glad I took the other job.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I went on three interviews. The first with the Recruiter and the following two were with Senior Manager/Head of Sales.

It was an easy interview. The role they needed filled was defined fully and the qualities they were looking for in a candidate.

It was very casual. Goals were discussed and I aligned my answers to fit the goal based on my experience.

I was hired in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your process in locating opportunities?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Initial phone screening, then onsite interview where you will meet briefly one on one and two to three managers, there is also a skills test consisting of a writing sample and a test simulation for the work you are expected to perform.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you demonstrated teamwork skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

National Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (San Francisco, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Phone Call by a sales manager and then a follow up interview with sales director

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward no real room for negotiating