Dow Jones Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dow Jones Software Developer Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Ithaca, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Very nice - I was interviewed by two interviewers who asked me technical questions (I studied up on finance before it but they only asked technical questions) They asked me to go through my resume and asked about a few things and I gave them a demo of some of the sites I worked on. They asked me a few pretty simple algorithm questions - how to find the missing number in a consecutive sequence missing one number. The algorithms were very simple and I thought they were a bit easily impressed. They also asked a few non-algorithmic programming question which I did not know but it was easy to talk myself out of it. Great interview overall - they make you feel comfortable and valued.

Interview Questions

• How does instant chat work? How is it implemented?   1 Answer

I have not decided yet actually. waiting to hear back form a few other places

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Jones

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

submit resume during campus career fair, got a campus interview on the second day, 30 minutes' talk and 15 minutes' coding test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Monmouth Junction, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Basic technical phone interview followed by an in person interview at their office with a technical employee and manager. Technical questions were similar to phone interview, manager pressed fairly about previous experience with projects. Employees were friendly and helpful during the interview, but two weeks since have not gotten back to me about the offer.

Interview Questions

• Given the hour and minute, find the smaller angle between the minute hand and hour hand on a 12 hour analogue clock.   1 Answer