DrChrono Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DrChrono Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DrChrono (Mountain View, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Completed their HackerRank which was posted on Hacker News. Got a call from their recruiter, who did a quick phone screen and booked a 1 hour pair programming interview. Pair programming was remote, refactoring some pieces of code. After that, received a small programming 'hackathon' project, and flew down to finish and present the project.

Everybody was friendly and helpful, no hidden tricks in the interview problems.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were practical coding problems, simple algorithms, refactoring, or implementation of API clients.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DrChrono in October 2016.

Interview

Was given an interesting challenge which is publicly available. The hiring process on first read looks very exciting. I did complete the challenge. Will respect the NDA, but the questions are related to usage of hash, string manipulation, lightweight DP, etc.

After the completion of coding challenge, had a brief 15 mins HR call. HR told me that she would get back to me in some time for further process. And, I get a reject without any feedback.

DrChrono Response

Jan 31, 2017 – COO / Cofounder

Apologies about not giving constructive feedback, we will try to revise things so that we can give better feedback in the future. ~Daniel, cofounder COO of drchrono

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DrChrono (Mountain View, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First hacking projects which should take up to 2 hours. Then one 30-60 minutes call. At the end 2-3 days hackathon at company to create app consuming drchrono API. Next project app is presented, architecture have and design decisions have to be explained. At the end company developers ask some question about the project. Also any private project that is interesting can be showed and described.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DrChrono.

Interview

Was asked to complete an assignment, but no formal interview. The project was to build a web application that could send happy birthday emails to patients on their birthdays. I'm not exactly sure whether this is an actual internship or just a side project, but I'm hesitant to invest time unless I know what the outcome should be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DrChrono (Mountain View, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through their online website and after a week or so, I got an email invitation to take their healthcare hacker test. It seemed pretty straight forward and it took me about an hour to complete during the weekend.
    I got an email from their head of hiring asking to set up a call. We had good conversation about my experience and projects. She seemed pretty knowledgeable for someone who isn't a developer. Since I didn't have experience with Django, she gave me some resources to learn and a project to complete. She let me open source it to which was nice.
    She and her engineers took about a week to review my project and brought me in for a hackathon. I was surprised when she told me that it would just be me and their engineers. They bought me lunch and at the end of the three day interview they reviewed my code.
    It was a good experience overall and I learned a lot about the company while I was there. I was bummed I didn't get an offer but I still learned a lot during the process and have nothing but kind things to say about the team and their HR manager. They helped me forget that I was interviewing and made the process less stressful than other interviews I've been involved with.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to show them my portfolio of projects.   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DrChrono (Mountain View, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a little over 2 weeks. Phone screen was a brief 15min call asking basic questions and talking about my resume. After that, I scheduled an in-person interview with their HR rep and the VP of sales. Nothing tricky about the interview, they just want to know about your experience, and to get to know you as a person. The in-person interview took about an hour. Didn't get an offer, because apparently they had already hired the maximum amount of BDRs before I even came in. Good experience, and really great people. They gave me a small gift bag on my way out which was pretty cool of them.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time where you struggled, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Describe your sales experience, or what makes you good at sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DrChrono (Mountain View, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied the python software engineer. There is a online assignment first, and then go to the company to do a three-day hackthon. Finally, they will evaluate your hackthon project and codes.

Interview Questions

• They asked you use python Django to build a website during the hackthon.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DrChrono (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Was invited in for a group interview. There were about 25-35 candidates who showed up. Two VPs gave short presentations about the company, then they split the group into two based on one of the two positions we had applied for. We all took turns talking to between 4-6 employees. When time was up we were invited to leave with no feedback about follow up. Follow up thank you emails to three of the folks I met with were ignored. Finally, the third email to the VP was acknowledged and I was brought in for another round of interviews. By this time - nearly a month after the initial group interview - the jobs that were available had changed. During the meeting with 4 separate people - including a Sr sales rep, Dir of marketing, the CEO and the VP of sales - they each had different understandings of what exactly the role was I was interviewing for. It's a growing company that appears to not understand what exactly it's internal needs are. For such crazy company growth, it's very surprising they do not have an internal HR person/team managing and supporting the growth. Do your research on the product. EHR is an exciting space and Drcrhono appears to be a great product. But the hiring process is discombobulated at best.

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DrChrono (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Theres an online test, followed by a phone screen, then an on-site Hackathon where you code as if you are working there for a week. You try to solve a real problem/push a feature, and they judge you on what you can accomplish. There is no white-boarding or pure technical question portion, it's all practical, i.e. as close to the day-to-day working experience as possible.

Interview Questions

• Why did you use vanilla javascript instead of using a framework like Angular?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DrChrono in October 2014.

Interview

There are 2 interviews and arguably 3. first interview is a group interview where you come in with a bunch of people and you are supposed to mix with the sales people and do interviews with some of the sales reps and the vp.

2nd is if they like you, you come in and interview with people from different parts of the team that you would be working with. Mostly looking for a cultural fit.