DreamWorks Animation Department Technical Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DreamWorks Animation Department Technical Director Interview Questions

4.0

Department Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Three separate half hour interviews, in no particular order. Each with 2 TDs. One covers brain teasers, one covers general technical director knowledge and problem solving abilities, and the third covers personality, leadership, relationships, and teamwork dynamics.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DreamWorks Animation

Department Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Redwood City, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

My undergrad college and dreamworks animation had a collaboration, where I was selected for an internship as credits towards the final semester.
    initial communications were by sending a resume, portfolio, personal statements and letters of recommendation (univ.) to DWA for shortlisting candidates to be interviewed.
    If selected, this is usually followed up with a technical interview with a Technical Director employee at DWA.
    A knowledge of core computer science and graphics is really useful.

DWA is a great place to work and learn about the animation industry. Colleagues are super helpful and especially as someone completely new to the studio environment, I felt they were extremely helpful and inspiring people to work with.

Interview Questions

• thinking questions - what can be reasons your scene will render black?   1 Answer