DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions in Glendale, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.5

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very easy process. Was called to schedule an in person interview by HR a week after applying online. Went in a few days later, very much a relaxed atmosphere with my interviewer, more like a conversation with a friend. A recruiter called the next day to "check in" on how my interview went (pretty well, I thought). They were supposed to call me with their decision the following week, but instead I received a rejection via email.

Overall, it was a very easy process. Wish I had gotten the job!

Senior Software Engineer - Nova Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was called back by the contract recruiter. He described the role then went over my background and skills, this was followed up a technical screen with an engineer.

Interview Questions

• New Java 8 features. Java services architectural questions around the inter module communication, message queuing, scaling, etc. Standard Java questions.   Answer Question

R&D JOSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

This guys are very cool and makes you feel relax by asking simple questions. Asked Deeply on the projects so prepare well your resume. You should Do the basics of the linux because there project was on the linux. First Got a Phone call from the hr where he asked me which movie do you like of dreamworks animation and i said kung fu panda which i never saw.

Interview Questions

• Why This Position?
      What wiil you learn from this internship?
      Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Applied directly with the company. Within about a week, I was being interviewed. Met with one person for the interview. In my honest opinion, that person's behavior was hostile, agressive, abusive, and incredibly unprofessional. It became clear to me why the former position holder left the company for another opportunity.

Assistant Animatic Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by the recruiter within 2 weeks of applying online. They screened me over the phone and asked to schedule me for an interview. The interview was 4 days after the initial phone call. Two weeks later I received a phone call notifying me that the position had been filled internally.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in animation?   1 Answer

Motion Capture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Got contacted over the phone to do a on site interview. They I met with three other technical directors and talked about how their team works. After the interview, I never heard back from them again.

Technical Resource Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call a week before with the manager of the department. I went in and had one on two interviews with the entire department and a Linux based test.

Interview Questions

• What hesitations do you have about yourself for this job?   1 Answer

Modeling Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Interviewers were very respectful toward me. They carefully reviewed my reel during my interview, and asked question when they found parts that might be useful for their shows.
    I had an interview with department supervisors at Glendale in person. Then, had an online Cam interview with supervisors in Redwood city. At the last, a recruiter asked their own questions, and briefly explained about their company and how the rest of process could go.

Interview Questions

• They asked if there was any difficult issues in the process of work, and how I went through it.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

HR screening, in person interview. I got a call from HR who asked me the basic questions and explained the internship. I then came in to meet with my potential supervisor who discussed the position with me. I got a call a few days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why DreamWorks, tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Good! Applied online through Indeed.com posting. Heard back in about 3 weeks with a call from HR who asked basic eligibility questions then set up a Skype interview. I interviewed with 2 members of the team. They asked basic questions and answered all of my questions. I didn't feel rushed or pressured.