DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.7

113 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter, then remote web conference interview with department head. Took about 2-3 months for me to hear back from the recruiter after submitting my application. The entire process took about 3 months until the start of the internship.

Interview Questions

• Technical/theoretical discussions regarding certain topics relevant to the position. No problem-solving questions. The interview was more based on a discussion of the understanding of certain concepts.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Once you apply they said expect about 2-4 weeks until they contact you. Then the interview process begins. After this expect at least another 2 weeks. Overall they're very nice

Production Interview

Interview

This was a thirty minute process. Everyone seemed friendly and casual and willing to answer any questions openly. Interviewee should have questions prepared - this took up the majority of the time. Be curious.

Matte Painter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Video interview with several members of the team including the Supervisor. Quations raged from general experience questions to specific question about apptitude in diferent software packages. Also, what studios I worked at and how I got interested in matte painting.

On Campus Recruiting Event Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a supper awesome portfolio review! I got a lot of feedback on how to improve my portfolio pieces and my page layout design. One example, I need to put in more reference and inspiration images to show my thinking process. I enjoy the communication, it was very relax and fun.

Interview Questions

• What do I want to work as a illustrator/designer, character design, set design, visual development or?   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

My first interview was with the manager of the team. It was a pretty standard review of stuff on my resume and I talked about my interest in front end development since that was what the position was about. I got a call the next day that I was moving on to the next stage.

The second interview was with 3 different people, 30 mins each. They were all high ranking managers within the engineering department and the interviews were quite similar to the first. Mostly going over my resume and asking each other questions back and forth. It was fairly casual.

About 2 weeks later I got the offer, but didn't accep. I was worried about how high the cost of living was and there was no housing assistance and the hourly was fairly low.

Interview Questions

• What sort of javascript frameworks are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very easy process. Was called to schedule an in person interview by HR a week after applying online. Went in a few days later, very much a relaxed atmosphere with my interviewer, more like a conversation with a friend. A recruiter called the next day to "check in" on how my interview went (pretty well, I thought). They were supposed to call me with their decision the following week, but instead I received a rejection via email.

Overall, it was a very easy process. Wish I had gotten the job!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in November 2016.

Interview

Actually I never got any interview phone call. First I got a call from the hr asking about my availability. Then received an email confirmation says someone will be calling at 10am on the following Tuesday, and I replied that email to confirm. And that's it, never heard anything from them after that. No phone call, no email, no explanation, no nothing.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Very laid back interview.
    Wasn't interviewed by whom I was scheduled to meet, but everything was straight forward for the most part. Would most certainly want to work there so I'll keep trying.

Senior Software Engineer - Nova Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was called back by the contract recruiter. He described the role then went over my background and skills, this was followed up a technical screen with an engineer.

Interview Questions

• New Java 8 features. Java services architectural questions around the inter module communication, message queuing, scaling, etc. Standard Java questions.   Answer Question