DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.6

R&D JOSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

This guys are very cool and makes you feel relax by asking simple questions. Asked Deeply on the projects so prepare well your resume. You should Do the basics of the linux because there project was on the linux. First Got a Phone call from the hr where he asked me which movie do you like of dreamworks animation and i said kung fu panda which i never saw.

Interview Questions

• Why This Position?
      What wiil you learn from this internship?
      Answer Question

Layout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

was interviewed for about 2 hours by all layout supervisors and was asked various questions. overall it was not stressful and just common sense questions. great campus and place to be, amazing lunch options as well.

Interview Questions

• mostly based on experience and how you would approach a problem   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

I had multiple interviews with dreamworks and most of the time the person interviewing me is not prepared. Doesn't really ask too many relevant questions. They never give you a chance to show them you're the right fit. So be prepared for that.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Applied directly with the company. Within about a week, I was being interviewed. Met with one person for the interview. In my honest opinion, that person's behavior was hostile, agressive, abusive, and incredibly unprofessional. It became clear to me why the former position holder left the company for another opportunity.

Assistant Animatic Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by the recruiter within 2 weeks of applying online. They screened me over the phone and asked to schedule me for an interview. The interview was 4 days after the initial phone call. Two weeks later I received a phone call notifying me that the position had been filled internally.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in animation?   1 Answer

Motion Capture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Got contacted over the phone to do a on site interview. They I met with three other technical directors and talked about how their team works. After the interview, I never heard back from them again.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inglewood, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Inglewood, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different executives before being offered job. It was a fairly easy process but required a lot of patience in between setting up each interview. Beautiful campus (work environment) and other employee perks!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate between at $14k difference. Settled for $7k difference with review in 6 months.

Talent Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

It was fine. Every one was really nice and casual. I don't think that I'm a good fit, but I liked everyone. It's a very casual atmosphere, but they get their work done. They're also very open about what the position is and what exactly you'd work on.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?   2 Answers

Technical Resource Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call a week before with the manager of the department. I went in and had one on two interviews with the entire department and a Linux based test.

Interview Questions

• What hesitations do you have about yourself for this job?   1 Answer

Post-production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. They called me a few weeks later and asked some basic questions, then scheduled an in-person interview. I interviewed at their campus in Burbank. Was very nice, easy going. Except that I had arrived 45 minutes before my scheduled interview time, and the lady did not come to take me in to the interview until 30 minutes after I was supposed to go in, which was frustrating.