DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.7

Senior Software Engineer - Nova Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was called back by the contract recruiter. He described the role then went over my background and skills, this was followed up a technical screen with an engineer.

Interview Questions

• New Java 8 features. Java services architectural questions around the inter module communication, message queuing, scaling, etc. Standard Java questions.   Answer Question

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

They did a short interview on our campus, during which they only looked at my resume (no time to show a portfolio) and asked a couple technical graphics questions as well as a brain teaser question.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite DreamWorks movie?   1 Answer

R&D JOSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

This guys are very cool and makes you feel relax by asking simple questions. Asked Deeply on the projects so prepare well your resume. You should Do the basics of the linux because there project was on the linux. First Got a Phone call from the hr where he asked me which movie do you like of dreamworks animation and i said kung fu panda which i never saw.

Interview Questions

• Why This Position?
      What wiil you learn from this internship?   Answer Question

Strategic Alliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I original applied for the Supervisor position and got asked if I would be interested in the coordinator position because they had an internal hire into the supervisor position. I said I was interested and the rest of the called played out like a typical HR screening interview. They followed within a day or two to set up an onsite interview. First, I was pulled into a conference room and video chatted with the HR rep that was working with me. She was working remotely and was very helpful to prepare me in my interviews for that day. Then I met with 3 of the managers and learned a lot about the role. It was a very unique position and had a lot of nuances to it. They did not ask me much about my position and spent most of the time explaining the role and touring me around (as touring had to do with the position).

Afterword they followed up and said they wanted to take me to the next step in the interview process. Then NBCUniversal bought out Dreamworks and HR called to tell me that the hiring is on hold until the merger goes through. HR followed up with me a few weeks later letting me know that they loved me for the position and are still interested and that they are just waiting for the merger.

I never heard from HR after that even after sending a follow up email.

Interview Questions

• What about this role do you think you will excel in and what do you think you will have more trouble with?   Answer Question

Layout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

was interviewed for about 2 hours by all layout supervisors and was asked various questions. overall it was not stressful and just common sense questions. great campus and place to be, amazing lunch options as well.

Interview Questions

• mostly based on experience and how you would approach a problem   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

I had multiple interviews with dreamworks and most of the time the person interviewing me is not prepared. Doesn't really ask too many relevant questions. They never give you a chance to show them you're the right fit. So be prepared for that.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Applied directly with the company. Within about a week, I was being interviewed. Met with one person for the interview. In my honest opinion, that person's behavior was hostile, agressive, abusive, and incredibly unprofessional. It became clear to me why the former position holder left the company for another opportunity.

Assistant Animatic Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by the recruiter within 2 weeks of applying online. They screened me over the phone and asked to schedule me for an interview. The interview was 4 days after the initial phone call. Two weeks later I received a phone call notifying me that the position had been filled internally.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in animation?   1 Answer

Motion Capture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Got contacted over the phone to do a on site interview. They I met with three other technical directors and talked about how their team works. After the interview, I never heard back from them again.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inglewood, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Inglewood, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different executives before being offered job. It was a fairly easy process but required a lot of patience in between setting up each interview. Beautiful campus (work environment) and other employee perks!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate between at $14k difference. Settled for $7k difference with review in 6 months.