DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.5

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

My first interview was with the manager of the team. It was a pretty standard review of stuff on my resume and I talked about my interest in front end development since that was what the position was about. I got a call the next day that I was moving on to the next stage.

The second interview was with 3 different people, 30 mins each. They were all high ranking managers within the engineering department and the interviews were quite similar to the first. Mostly going over my resume and asking each other questions back and forth. It was fairly casual.

About 2 weeks later I got the offer, but didn't accep. I was worried about how high the cost of living was and there was no housing assistance and the hourly was fairly low.

Interview Questions

• What sort of javascript frameworks are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very easy process. Was called to schedule an in person interview by HR a week after applying online. Went in a few days later, very much a relaxed atmosphere with my interviewer, more like a conversation with a friend. A recruiter called the next day to "check in" on how my interview went (pretty well, I thought). They were supposed to call me with their decision the following week, but instead I received a rejection via email.

Overall, it was a very easy process. Wish I had gotten the job!

Senior Software Engineer - Nova Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was called back by the contract recruiter. He described the role then went over my background and skills, this was followed up a technical screen with an engineer.

Interview Questions

• New Java 8 features. Java services architectural questions around the inter module communication, message queuing, scaling, etc. Standard Java questions.   Answer Question

R&D JOSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

This guys are very cool and makes you feel relax by asking simple questions. Asked Deeply on the projects so prepare well your resume. You should Do the basics of the linux because there project was on the linux. First Got a Phone call from the hr where he asked me which movie do you like of dreamworks animation and i said kung fu panda which i never saw.

Interview Questions

• Why This Position?
      What wiil you learn from this internship?
      Answer Question

Layout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

was interviewed for about 2 hours by all layout supervisors and was asked various questions. overall it was not stressful and just common sense questions. great campus and place to be, amazing lunch options as well.

Interview Questions

• mostly based on experience and how you would approach a problem   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Applied directly with the company. Within about a week, I was being interviewed. Met with one person for the interview. In my honest opinion, that person's behavior was hostile, agressive, abusive, and incredibly unprofessional. It became clear to me why the former position holder left the company for another opportunity.

Assistant Animatic Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by the recruiter within 2 weeks of applying online. They screened me over the phone and asked to schedule me for an interview. The interview was 4 days after the initial phone call. Two weeks later I received a phone call notifying me that the position had been filled internally.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in animation?   1 Answer

Motion Capture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Got contacted over the phone to do a on site interview. They I met with three other technical directors and talked about how their team works. After the interview, I never heard back from them again.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inglewood, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Inglewood, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different executives before being offered job. It was a fairly easy process but required a lot of patience in between setting up each interview. Beautiful campus (work environment) and other employee perks!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate between at $14k difference. Settled for $7k difference with review in 6 months.

Asset Management Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a straight forward one, where you would meet with the coordinator for Asset Management, and finally with the Manager for Asset Management. They were both in person and private in a conference room. The final interviewer asked many more in depth questions about experience related to computers, and peripherals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for this specific team?   Answer Question